Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 09:37 AM

Scotland

In the Daily Express today, Alex Salmond says he warns the Tory Ministers to listen to Scotland, or they will leave the UK.
Just how does he propose to do that? He had his ( Once in a Lifetime Referendum) - that is quoting his words before the Scotland Referendum that he couldn't lose.

It certainly doesn't look as if that they are likely to be given another one soon. Even if they were I doubt the result would change a lot from last time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 10:22 AM

Re: Scotland

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
In the Daily Express today, Alex Salmond says he warns the Tory Ministers to listen to Scotland, or they will leave the UK.
Just how does he propose to do that? He had his ( Once in a Lifetime Referendum) - that is quoting his words before the Scotland Referendum that he couldn't lose.

It certainly doesn't look as if that they are likely to be given another one soon. Even if they were I doubt the result would change a lot from last time.
Hi

I have no time at all for Salmond or Sturgeon.

However we should not condemn the Scottish people for the stupidity of their Politicians.

Let's face it, we have Corbyn and Boris ourselves.

It is up to the Scottish people themselves to decide, if they do, I will be very sorry.

It is however their decision, I will not be going round hating any of them for what will be a democratic decision.

I will still visit Scotland every year for the fishing, enjoy the stunning scenery and the lovely hospitality.

A lovely country, lovely people and we have a lot in common.

We both tend to elect idiots.

P.S.

If they do leave, I have told my fishing colleagues up there that we will invade and seize their Salmon Rivers.

They have said that the English need have no worry about the Scots invading England.

We have nothing worth nicking.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no time at all for Salmond or Sturgeon.
I don't want to carp on about this but anything they say would have to be a bit fishy wouldn't it? I can understand you floundering over their comments perhaps they need putting in their plaice.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 12:23 PM

OF course we need Scotland ( it saves England having coastal erosion at the top bit)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Well im a fan of Scotland and the folks that reside there, lovely country proud of their history and heritage. So if it comes that they leave the union well that is a decision for them not me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't want to carp on about this but anything they say would have to be a bit fishy wouldn't it? I can understand you floundering over their comments perhaps they need putting in their plaice.
Angling for another referendum is dead in the water. They're just picking over the bones and been slippery eels ... they're really already having a whale of a time with the current set up they've got as part of the UK.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 04:55 PM

I'd live there any time. Lovely people - what I've met of them, and absolutely stunning country. You can understand how proud they are of it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 05:18 PM

Aye .. well I've only met a handful of Scots in the real world and they ended up having a brawl in the pub carpark , some row over Queen Elizabeth not being their Queen.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't want to carp on about this but anything they say would have to be a bit fishy wouldn't it?
I can understand you floundering over their comments perhaps they need putting in their plaice.
Over the flathead of most Poms, perched in their leatherjackets - a red herring even.
Mullet over folks, don't pike!
Tuna the trumpeter on the stereo, at least the bass.
Don't call any Tommy Ruff, be morwong than right.
Tarwhine is their sole angle.
Don't dart about. Scat !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:23 AM

Of all the Scots who I know, not one has said that they support or admire the fish woman, and I believe this reflects the feelings of the majority of Scots too.
If the independence referendum didn't convince them of that, then let them have another one.

Perhaps they might also invite the English to vote as well. After all, the Union is both England and Scotland (and Wales a little bit too!). If the Union is to be dissolved, surely both constituent countries should have a voice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top