Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Wheelchair Come Dancing

Have you heard, they are doing Wheelchair Come Dancing next, how ridiculious, I have heard it all now, what are they going to do, throw the Wheelchair over their heads?

What do you think?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 03:15 PM

Re: Wheelchair Come Dancing

Susie there are a lot of wheelchair dancers and they have able bodied partners ... they are a joy to watch ... they even compete at a very high level ... check it out on YouTube ... you'll be amazed
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:11 PM

I think if someone is in a wheel chair it should not stop them from doing what they want to do,

myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:22 PM

Thanks for posting the video Eliza The girl in the wheelchair is just fantastic
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:53 PM

Having seen how many that use a wheelchair can break down boundaries, and put to shame those of us less encumbered, im sure it will have an audience and prove to be inspiring.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:12 PM

I've watched wheelchair dancing several times and found it enjoyable to watch, the same with wheelchair sports. It has opened a new world for disadvantaged people so good luck to them.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Thanks for posting the video Eliza The girl in the wheelchair is just fantastic
yes i agree , a lot of expression is done with the upper part of the body arms and hands .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Amazing, thanks for the YTubes Eliza.
smile
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Have you heard, they are doing Wheelchair Come Dancing next, how ridiculious, I have heard it all now, what are they going to do, throw the Wheelchair over their heads?

What do you think?
After my wife was put in a wheelchair for life by a car driver, we used to go on holiday to a special needs hotel in Jersey. On one of the evenings there, we'd be taken to a dance where people in wheelchairs could be whirled around on their wheels. Of course it wasn't the same as it was before the accident. My wife was a lovely mover on her feet and much admired by the fellas. The wheelchair dancing couldn't bring that back of course but it added enjoyment to the evening anyway. We even got quite good at doing a few twirls.

The party trick came at the end of the evening when the slow dances were played. We'd go to a space on the floor, I'd bend down and she'd cling to my neck. I'd stand up and she would be pulled out of the chair to an upright position close to me. Shuffling about a bit made it look something near to the smooching we once used to do. I could just about manage to do one dance like this without looking as if I was struggling.

Anyhow, we weren't the only ones whirling around with wheels. The hotel staff made sure they took a few others in chairs onto the floor for a twirl. It certainly showed how those in wheelchairs can enjoy this.

A TV show dedicated to wheelchair dancing, well why not? I've seen first-hand the pleasure it can bring to on-lookers and participants. It could get enough of a following to make a successful TV programme of it. Some pretty smart moves in the video Eliza posted.

I may or may not watch it myself but if not, it wouldn't be because I think the idea is ridiculous. It would be more because I'm not very keen on dancing programmes per se.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 12:12 PM

I did think the idea was silly until I saw some professionals doing it and it looked very graceful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top