Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 12:20 AM

Close to the Enemy

I notice no one as mentioned this series on BBC, called Close to the Enemy.
I started watching it earlier in the day there are 5 episodes so far and its really a good series. Jim Sturgess as usual is taking a good lead part in it and its amass with known actors.
Based after the second world war 1946.
Will not give anything else away about it.
You should take a look if you are into that era.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Re: Close to the Enemy

I've been watching it and I find it a good series.

I'm not too sure of the significance of the American singer, though. What does she bring to the story?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Was wondering that myself.
At first I thought her an undercover agent for the Yanks, because we keep hearing its a race between the Americans Russians and the British who gets these Germans but as I have reached episode 4 I am now thinking maybe she is just a band singer that they have been put in there to make the cast a little more colourful if you get my drift.
I do love the little snippets that are arising from this and wondering if any of them are based on truth. Like the Winston Churchill note or the private meetings in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

I do hope that when this series finish's that Sturgess gets back to the US and makes series 2 of Feed The Beast I was really into that as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 12:10 PM

I did watch the first episode but got a bit bored with it tbh. I thought the main character was mis-cast. Sorry!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top