Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 10:43 PM

Eau de Carbolic

Now the Christmas Season is here and gifts are exchanged, thousands of men receive a fancy packaged After Shave, and even perfume, some of which is overpowering and smells awful

Do men really want to have an odour of roses about them.
What’s wrong with good old fashioned Carbolic or Coal Tar Soap?
Guaranteed to kill all germs and odours. You can still buy it on Amazon UK.

Sandalwood is rather nice, or Cedar from the Cedars of Lebanon as well,

Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 10:52 PM

Re: Eau de Carbolic

When in my twenties, my aunt used to buy me for every birthday and Christmas a fluid called Old Spice. Ugh.

Unadulterated parrot poops or farmyard smells ?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
When in my twenties, my aunt used to buy me for every birthday and Christmas a fluid called Old Spice. Ugh.

Unadulterated parrot poops or farmyard smells ?
I agree, but what did you do with it?

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:17 PM

I've got a nose like a dog when it comes to smells, and often find a lot of smells too overpowering for me - on both men or women.
I do appreciate a nice aroma, but more or less just a gentle hint of it.

I'll tell you what happened today.
This morning at the supermarket, I saw a lovely chap I haven't seen for a very long time.
We stood chatting for ages, and when we parted, I kissed his cheek and said bye bye. From that split second encounter, I could not only smell, but could taste his after shave even after I had got home.
I can't help it if it sounds daft, but I had to wash my face in the end.

I know it's difficult, once we have had our smellies on for a short while, we often can no longer smell them on ourselves, but others still can.

I really do like a clean smell, like after a shower or bath best I think.

My ears are also very good and I have always been sensitive to loud noise.

Maybe I was a dog in a past life.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:32 AM

Carbolic soap reminds me of primary school!
I think l would prefer the smell of it to some of the overbearing smells that some men and women wear. I can't sit near them and it puts me off my food !
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've got a nose like a dog .....
Maybe I was a dog in a past life.
Remind me, what is a female dog called ...... ?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 08:22 AM

I love to smell any aftershave on men, it's great if you pass someone on the street who smells lovely - men or women. I'm not familiar with most men's scents but I've always loved Farenheit, which sure ain't subtle.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 08:22 AM

Oh I do love to smell a nice after shave or a perfume on someone . I agree not too much though , just a slight waft is very pleasant.

Nothing worse than someone who hasn't washed their body or their clothes
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 09:12 AM

If you have any smellies that you don't like you could use them as room fresheners. That's what I do.
I spray them on a cotton wool ball and tuck it behind a radiator - the heat from the radiator does the trick.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 09:27 AM

Standing in a packed Underground train when the summer teperature is in the high 20's. An exotic blend of male and female BO and swirling scents and aftershaves. Want to throw up just reading this?

My mother always bought the soap advertised by a little girl....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top