Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 09:35 PM

Proposal being put forward for Green Cards for settled Immigrants living in UK

I was reading in my paper earlier this week that the Home Secretary Amber Rudd has said that every immigrant living here legitimately should have to apply for a Green Card as they do in the USA.
Personally I think this would be an excellent idea. At least it would help weed out illegal Immigrants and those who try to come here after we leave the EU..

We have to start some form of Identity system once our borders are closed to all but those we wish to welcome in, so I am all for it.

What are your feelings regarding Green Cards?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 09:53 PM

Re: Proposal being put forward for Green Cards for settled Immigrants living in UK

Sounds good to me ,controlled migration ...it's a wonder other countries don't try it
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 09:58 PM

Re: Proposal being put forward for Green Cards for settled Immigrants living in UK

Brilliant idea, it won't work of course..the loony left, human right organisations and their lawyers will kick it into the long grass
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:36 PM

I think it is a good idea but I would go one step further and say that everyone should have an identity card and make it illegal to employ anyone who doesn't have one with heavy penalties for doing so.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:02 AM

I agree. I know there was a lot of objection the last time ID cards were suggested, but I could never really understand why. People were whingeing about their 'human rights' even in those days and complaining that they shouldn't have to prove their identities if they were genuine and had nothing to hide.

Things are different today, of course, and I think it is very important for everyone to carry some sort of ID for obvious reasons.

As for the loony left & co., isn't it high time that we stopped paying them any attention, and with the apparent loss of interest in Labour and the Limp Dems, the authorities should be quite able to do so as well.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 02:17 AM

I don't think I'm a member of the 'Looney Left'.

But I do see the chip, chip chipping away of our personal privacy.

Information we provide for a specific purpose is often passed on or even sold to others.
Every website we have ever visited can be tracked - and not only by hackers.
Phones can be a wondrous source of info - legally or illegally.
CCTV cameras are everywhere.
Even our shopping habits can be tracked by dangling incentive programs before us.
Credit card purchases and credit history is far more accessible than many realize.
Our health records are far less private than they were years ago.
Police and other compliance groups can more easily tap phones and plant bugs than ever before.
Privately-owned drones are peeking at all manner of stuff as we speak.
The Tax Office, Social Security and even local councils have more powers and more computer access to just about anything we do.

Every little change seems insignificant in itself - but cumulatively ?
"1984" is alive and well.
Big brother is watching - and all his little, less noble brothers.

It is so subtle and so gradual that we barely notice -
but our grand-parents would hardly believe we have let this happen.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. I know there was a lot of objection the last time ID cards were suggested, but I could never really understand why. People were whingeing about their 'human rights' even in those days and complaining that they shouldn't have to prove their identities if they were genuine and had nothing to hide.

Things are different today, of course, and I think it is very important for everyone to carry some sort of ID for obvious reasons.

I have never understood the opposition of ID cards either.
As I have lived over seas most of my life I have carried an ID for the same time.
What is the problem ?
I now carry a card size shrunk down laminated copy of the back page of my passport . It's not a legal document but saves carrying my passport about and risk losing it .
Many times overseas one is asked for ones passport details.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I don't think I'm a member of the 'Looney Left'.

But I do see the chip, chip chipping away of our personal privacy.

Information we provide for a specific purpose is often passed on or even sold to others.
Every website we have ever visited can be tracked - and not only by hackers.
Phones can be a wondrous source of info - legally or illegally.
CCTV cameras are everywhere.
Even our shopping habits can be tracked by dangling incentive programs before us.
Credit card purchases and credit history is far more accessible than many realize.
Our health records are far less private than they were years ago.
Police and other compliance groups can more easily tap phones and plant bugs than ever before.
Privately-owned drones are peeking at all manner of stuff as we speak.
The Tax Office, Social Security and even local councils have more powers and more computer access to just about anything we do.

Every little change seems insignificant in itself - but cumulatively ?
"1984" is alive and well.
Big brother is watching - and all his little, less noble brothers.

It is so subtle and so gradual that we barely notice -
but our grand-parents would hardly believe we have let this happen.
Are you talking as an Australian? If so why are you opposing a British suggestion?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 07:59 AM

Sometimes, yer head is Ok with something but, yer gut ain't.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 09:53 AM

IMO no problem as long as everyone carries one.

Otherwise they may as well be yellow and star shaped.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top