Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:44 AM

Feeling Old

Has anything happened recently that has made you feel old?

Yesterday I was in Wilko's and asked a young lass if they sold blotting paper.
She looked very confused. You could see it ticking over in her mind. Then she asked me again what I wanted.
"Blotting paper" I said again.
Eventually after another pause she said - "What's that?"

I thought she was kidding, then realised she wasn't.
I told her that many years ago, people used to write with real ink instead of biro's, and then needed to blot the ink.
"Ooh no," replied the youngster, "I've never seen anything like."

I felt about 90.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Re: Feeling Old

Like a lot of kids fresh out of school, they don't have a clue about most things.

Far better that shops employed the older generation who know what is what than these kids who think they know all but infact no nothing
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:56 AM

The very thought of a 30 hour journey commencing this evening is making me feel very old this morning 😳😉
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Like a lot of kids fresh out of school, they don't have a clue about most things.

Far better that shops employed the older generation who know what is what than these kids who think they know all but infact no nothing

Well I agree with you in a way Bazza, on the other hand I suppose they also know things we don't, like technology stuff.

I must say I was really surprised she hadn't got a clue though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The very thought of a 30 hour journey commencing this evening is making me feel very old this morning 😳😉

Good morning lovely EZ. You'll be fine, you've done it before so you know the ropes. Sit back and enjoy it and look forward to who will be greeting you at the other end. x
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 10:07 AM

It's funny isn't it mups how we can feel old at times . I told my 5 yr old grandaughter I'd had 66 Christmases , her eyes lit up and she said " 66 Christmases golly that's a lot your really old nanny ."

When I had a party recently the children were helping me with the invites, the little one was asking what games we would be playing , the older one said " don't be silly nanny has sit down parties "
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 10:22 AM

When my (female) barber asked me if I wanted my eyebrows plucked, that made me feel old. Apparently it's common these days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 10:29 AM

Hi

Yesterday, had the letter from my GP, due to your age you are due a review.

A blood test and the two weeks later a 30 minute appointment..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 10:30 AM

I feel very old this morning! I phoned the doctors for an appointment today, so she asked what the problem was. I have had 3 minor health problems recently, that don't seem to be getting better on their own so I briefly told her about them. She said, be here at 10am I have booked you a half hour appointment....... most people can be dealt with in 10 minutes so, if you don't see me posting again, you will know that they had to put me down.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 10:31 AM

Everything is relative. Most of us are relatively old. Some of us are relatively young. Some mornings I feel relatively old, but by dinner time I feel relatively young. Sometimes I feel nothing at all.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top