Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 08:07 PM

Were you loved in your child hood.

I was unconditionally, surely all children are ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 08:17 PM

Re: Were you loved in your child hood.

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I was unconditionally, surely all children are ?
No need for the NSPCC then?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 08:20 PM

I know my Dad loved me but he had to give me away when I was a baby, my Mother died leaving him with four children to raise so he didn't have any choice . I know Dad was heartbroken having lost his wife and his mother within days of each other then having to give his baby away too...

There were no benefits available then, people did the best they could and Dad had to work to provide for the three older children . I was farmed out with various relations until I was 4 and started school, my needs were catered for but I didn't get a lot of love and affection.

When I returned home my Dad was working all hours with a day job and keeping us and the house clean so he didn't have a lot of time to spend with his children and we ran wild until my stepmother joined us when I was 8.
My childhood ended then...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 08:28 PM

How sad Meg.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 09:17 PM

Yes I second that Muddy....

How on earth did you become such a well rounded, intelligent, sensitive person Meg?

BTW, I thought this topic was about 'where you loved in your childhood', ie favourite places. I was all set to tell you about a favourite park my best friends parents used to take me too

Anyway, back on topic.... I have to say, I'm really not sure if we were loved or not. We probably were, in my parents own way, although it wasn't shown.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 09:50 PM

I was one of 7 , mum did her best in her own way but no I never felt loved and my siblings felt the same . I think mum's generation just didn't show emotions . When I look back as an older woman I know mum struggled but she fed us with food and that was her way of showing love . Dad was a difficult man and a bully I don't think he knew what love was . Sad really .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 10:58 PM

Yes I was loved, very much by both parents even though my Mum could be difficult. I was diffinitely a Daddy's girl though, I loved my Dad..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:18 PM

I thought exactly the same as you Pesta.

Meg, that is a very sad story to hear. I'm sorry it wasn't better for you. x
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:20 PM

I suppose I was but looking back my parents didn't show me much love really. I look back and remember them being really, really strict and getting smacked really hard. In fact I remember that more than being cuddled or fussed over which is a shame.

We were living on the breadline but through careful housekeeping we were well fed and well dressed as we had some quite well off cousins and we got all their cast offs.

I feel a bit disloyal admitting this as my Mum is still alive and in her nineties and my Dad died about ten years ago.

My parents were always more concerned about what people thought about us and our behaviour than they seemed to be about how we felt.

I also remember my Mum being sad a lot of the time and spending Sunday afternoons crying in bed because she was homesick for her large family in Ireland with no chance of seeing them as every penny was accounted for.

I guess it was hard for both my parents as they had little money although my dad always worked hard. I suppose they were frustrated, struggling to make ends meet and bringing up three kids and there wasn't a lot of time over for cuddles.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes I second that Muddy....

How on earth did you become such a well rounded, intelligent, sensitive person Meg?

BTW, I thought this topic was about 'where you loved in your childhood', ie favourite places. I was all set to tell you about a favourite park my best friends parents used to take me too

Anyway, back on topic.... I have to say, I'm really not sure if we were loved or not. We probably were, in my parents own way, although it wasn't shown.
I think it's a typo and should read Were you Loved

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top