Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Salty taste in the mouth

I don't use salt in cooking, just a little in rice and boiled potatoes but my husband has a salty taste in his mouth. It started with salty lips but now he can taste it in his mouth.

Being a diabetic he drinks plenty so although we thought it might be dehydration I don't think it can be.

I have Googled but can't seem to find an answer I just wondered if anyone out there had the same problem and had managed to solve the 'Salty Taste Syndrome'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 02:32 PM

Re: Salty taste in the mouth

This site gives you a few suggestions as to what can cause it, Cookiecate .....

http://dentalproblems.ygoy.com/denta...e-in-mouth.php

If it persists, maybe have a word with your husband's doctor
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Sounds odd - I'd ring NHS direct cos he's a diabetic.

I do know that if you drink too much water you salt levels can actually go down? Hence it's worth getting a good quality mineral salt?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Popped into the doctors this pm and she told hubs that it probably wasn't anything to worry about. She told him to stop drinking tea and coffee for a couple of days just to see, but she felt that it was a head cold which would pass soon. I have had a chest infection so it could be he has had the cold without the infection. Thanks for your suggestions most helpful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Glad it wasn't anything too serious and I hope all will be back to normal soon...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Thanx Mags.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Hope it soon clears up for your Hubby Cookiecate....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Thanks merz, we are saving a fortune on salty snacks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top