Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:08 AM

I'm finally moved ...

I made it to my new home all the way across the city but I lost 2 boxes in the process that were accidentally left in a closet and I did not know it until a few days after the move.

One box held my 2 son's kindergarten photos, a memorial picture of my late mother given to me from the funeral home after her funeral and a few of my livingroom photos.

The other box held 6 bottles of shampoo and conditioner (3 of each), 2 bottles of shower gel, 2 large tubes of toothpaste and several boxes of bar soap ... all brand new.

Most of them were received by me at Christmas last year and I was saving them to use here in my new place because my old apartment did not have a wheelchair accessible shower.

My landlord tossed both boxes into the bin behind my old building. Anyway that is what she says but I honestly think she is using the shampoos, soaps, etc.

I'm pretty bummed about losing the boys kindergarten photos. I can replace shampoo and soap but not the pics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:11 AM

Re: I'm finally moved ...

Hi Lizzie I hope you will have many happy years in your new home.

Sorry to hear about the lost belongings but you arrived safe and sound and that is the main thing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:12 AM

Well done Lizzie, you made it.

Rotten job moving, I don't think I want the hassle any more.
I seem to accumulate to much rubbish for a start.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Lizzie I hope you will have many happy years in your new home.

Sorry to hear about the lost belongings but you arrived safe and sound and that is the main thing
Thank you. That is the main thing. I made it through the day without fainting once....thank goodness and the new place is lovely and the whole apartment is totally accessible to me.

(I have a tendency to faint/pass out if I am sitting up too long).
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Wishing you happiness in new home ... sorry about the loss of your photographs though
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 12:40 PM

What they all said, Lizzie! Agree it's such a shame about leaving belongings behind. I think I'd even miss the new toiletries! But why didn't the landlady check the contents and get in touch with you? That was naughty to just chuck them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 12:54 PM

Moving is one of those experiences that can be so stressful, i do hope yo can regain the the lost photos, and wish you well an happiness in your new home.

Now for the important part, whens the housewarming party i will bring the cheesy scones.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 01:02 PM

The best of luck in your new home Lizzie.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 06:22 PM

Wishing you lots of happiness in your new home, Lizzie.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 07:06 PM

I hope you are happy and content in your new home Lizzie. Sorry about your lost belongings though, that is a real shame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top