Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 07:57 AM

Planet earth

Last nights Planet Earth was absolutely superb .
Incredible photography acompanied as always by the hypnotic voice of David Attenborough .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 08:57 AM

Re: Planet earth

I've yet to watch it muddy , but it's been a fantastic series hasn't it . What about that frog kicking those wasps and the horrible snakes chasing those newly born lizards , amazing photography how do they do it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 10:26 AM

I have recorded it to watch later too
Something to be watched in peace and relished ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 10:56 AM

As you say Muddy, so interesting and superb filming.

The only thing I would change if I could is the loud stringed orchestra that keeps booming out whenever anything exciting is going on. Far too loud.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 12:46 PM

I seemed to have a problem last night with the sound. I kept racking up the volume, which needed to go into the 30s, but the narration still sounded so quiet I switched off. A shame.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Regarding last night's episode - it makes you wonder how anything can survive in those desert environments especially the Namibian Desert. Humans wouldn't last five minutes in such places yet insects and animals appear to manage with relative ease.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As you say Muddy, so interesting and superb filming.

The only thing I would change if I could is the loud stringed orchestra that keeps booming out whenever anything exciting is going on. Far too loud.
Yes, that is what we think too. An excellent programme spoilt by that common problem today of sound engineers converting background music into foreground music.

There have been many complaints, including on 'Points of View' and still they do it. Why?

Whilst we have made enormous strides in technology, we seem to have lost professionalism at the same time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top