Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Parties

Do you enjoy them?

Are you the 'life & soul' who is always in the centre of everything and perhaps always the first to have a dance?
Or do you prefer to sit down a bit further away from the noise and celebrations and just chat?

Maybe you would you prefer not to go at all even?

I have agreed to go to a 40th birthday party tonigh.
I am not really a party person, but it is my friend's daughter so I felt mean saying no thankyou.
The daughter has had a rough couple of years but seems to be coming out of the woods now, and I would have felt mean if I had refused.

Best go and feed the dogs, then think about getting ready I suppose . .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:15 PM

Re: Parties

Well no flirting with and toy boys Mups... unless they have a nice mate.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:21 PM

It very much depends on who is having the party and why whether or not I am happy to go. When, or if, people start drinking too much, then it's time for me to leave.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:43 PM

I think I must have been on my own too long. I get the odd invitation and think `I do not belong here`
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 07:04 PM

At one time I went to parties but never felt I fitted in . Now I don't bother going .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 07:24 PM

I avoid them like the plague

These days I am expected to attend the birthday parties of the 3 littlies to help with the food clearing up etc. I dread it, about 30 screaming infants and music so loud you can't hear yourself think .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I avoid them like the plague

These days I am expected to attend the birthday parties of the 3 littlies to help with the food clearing up etc. I dread it, about 30 screaming infants and music so loud you can't hear yourself think .

That is something I can't stand as well Meg. Loud music.
I just can't be round it at all.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 09:53 PM

I hate being at a party, feel I dont belong here,being very shy Im not much of a conversationist so just sit there on my own
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:53 PM

I don't do parties anymore. The only parties I enjoy are my kids parties and there appears to be at least one a month throughout the year. When i'm at one of those i'm usually the biggest kid there. I blame the fizzy drinks and sugary treats.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 11:20 PM

I hope you enjoyed the party you went to Mups?

I used to love parties & with my OH went to a lot over the years. I did get drunk on several occasions, but not so badly that I didn't remember, just merry.
Most of our then neighbours loved partying as well & those times were great fun, we used to go to one house & pop back every so often to check on our kids. If the party was further away, we got baby sitters in, but the kids grew up, people moved away & as time had gone on, we got older & more staid & prefered to stay at home.
Those days are long gone now, but I look back with fondness on them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top