Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 09:31 PM

Misery

In the hospital I had to attend today there is a transport office , where patients needing transport can sit and wait, volunteers give out hot drinks and a small pack of biscuits free
Sitting next to me , looking anxious ,was an elderly lady, she didnt answer when I spoke to her ,so I gently touched her arm, she pulled away from me and glared,"Would you like a drink "I asked "Dont want one " she muttered ,hunching up again. I realise she may not have felt well but she could have answered civilly, everyone else was in the same position, having to wait a time for transport , but all were trying to be pleasent ,chatting to a patient near or reading a paper
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Re: Misery

She could have been in pain, she might have just received bad news, she might have lost someone, she could have mental health problems. You can't tell just by looking at someone how they feel inside. Just let it go.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 10:22 PM

Deylon I hope everything went ok with your hospital visit.

It was kind of you to offer the lady a drink but some people like their own space for the reasons Flowerpower suggested.

Try not to dwell on it we are all different aren't we .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 11:45 PM

As Meg says not worth worrying about. Some people are naturally grumpy or just having a bad hair day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 12:07 AM

She may have just been outside her Comfort Zone.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 12:55 AM

You are a kind person Deylon.
I think she probably had a mental health problem.

I hope your own appointment went alright.x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You are a kind person Deylon.
I think she probably had a mental health problem.

I hope your own appointment went alright.x

Yes, you could well be right there, Carol. That makes sense.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:16 AM

We all need our own space sometimes maybe this lady just needed hers. Life can be difficult especially when hospitals are involved. Who knows what possible problems she was dealing with. Considering your feelings might have been very low on her list of priorities.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:26 AM

It was kind of you to ask if she wanted a drink, but she could have been suffering, stressed by the delays or just a bad tempered old woman.
Don't let it bother you because you need to focus on getting better, and being relaxed is the best way to do that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:49 AM

My elderly neighbour had spent hours on a chair in a corridor before being seen, told she had inoperable cancer in her lung and liver and sent home, you don't know what people are going through, what support they have waiting etc.
You did your best so don't feel bad about the lady's attitude. Most of all don't left it put you off making kind gestures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top