Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Old School Reunions ----- bleurgh!

I from time to time have in an idle moment considered going to one of these events.
After all it's over 52 years since I left school. Quite soon , this was 1964, we all went our different ways & mostly never met again.

In our class I know of the fate of some my peers. One became a big noise in the police force, but I was told he ran off with his secretary just coming up to his retirement.
Another became an evangelist. One particularly unambitious chap ended up as headmaster of our school.

There was talk of a get together in 1989, one of the teachers was going to organise it, but he died and the moment passed.

But hey ho, I want to read about your experiences.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Re: Old School Reunions ----- bleurgh!

No way would I attend one, hated school, couldn't wait to leave and have never looked back
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:20 PM

I went to mine, and I loved it. I have always remained in contact with some school friends. I was amazed how much people change, I didn't recognize some of them, however they all said I looked the same. I told them they need to go to specsavers.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
No way would I attend one, hated school, couldn't wait to leave and have never looked back
This is me as well. My school has gone anyway, it's now a vast housing estate.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't remember any from my school days , I've moved so many times. I left school at 15 . I've lived many lives and just wouldn't know who they were .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:43 PM

I haven't been to one as yet, but I've been seeing some old school friends pop up on Facebook (which for reasons unknown I have just rejoined recently), so perhaps I may look into this sometime next year. I think it would be an interesting evening out.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:53 PM

I am still in touch with my old school friends, but I doubt I would recognize many of the others at a reunuion. How embarrassing would it be if they recognized me and I had no idea who they were?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 05:16 PM

No id definately NOT attend a school reunion under any circumstances.....I see a few old school friends but not to go out with at all...just the odd hello and chat with them ...most others I really wouldnt even recognise them after all this time ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Aggg the thought of one makes me want to hide under the bed

I hated school with a passion and the thought of returning in any shape or form fills me with horror.

I have forgotten most people I knew at school having moved away when I was 15 and I am pretty sure most will have forgotten me I wasn't in any way memorable

My sister on the hand still lives in the village and knows and remembers everyone
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 05:38 PM

I've never been to one ... no one would remember me as I was never there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top