Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 01:15 AM

Do You Like Artificial Flowers?

Admittedly, some artificial flowers look very real but I can't bear them! I wouldn't have them in my house!
I remember years ago my mother colllected plastic roses that came free with Daz washing powder, they were really naff!!

Do you like artificial flowers? Do you have them in your house?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 02:11 AM

Re: Do You Like Artificial Flowers?

Not if you PAID me !
Horrible, plastic, lifeless, dust-gathering crap.

Cleaned out my late mother's home not long back.
She had heaps of the awful things.
Straight into the bin !
Did not pass 'Go'.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 07:33 AM

Hi

Yes, I have them, very useful for a single male who is often away.

There are some very realistic ones available which look like professional arrangements.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 08:28 AM

I like them and do have some in my house. Very few are anything like the ones that soap powders gave away and most are very pretty.
They are easy to keep and don't need the water to be refreshed. They don't soak the floor if they get knocked over and, most of all, a growing flower can live out it's life, but if you cut them they get an untimely death... which I think is sad.
If you want fresh flowers in your home, why not buy a plant, because it is likely to reward you for many years?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 08:32 AM

It all depends on what they look like.

I do have two, but they are tall dried wheat.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:07 AM

I don't like the plastic ones at all, but I do have a few silk ones about. They look quite realistic and have the bonus of being washable.

I would prefer fresh ones - but I have my pets to consider - a lot of flowers/plants are poisonous to cats.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:31 AM

Years ago, when they first got popular, my sister lived in Hong Kong and used to bring me home lovely ones that looked real and when she moved to Malaysia, some beautiful fake orchids.
Ours here are not good, I only use the Christmas ones now for making wreaths etc, but nice ones are hard to find.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:36 AM

I don't have any artificial flowers as such but I do have some dried ones.
I have a vase of dried white gypsophila that looks really nice (well I think so)
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:48 AM

Im not keen on fake flowers unless they look very very realistic and true to life....I have a couple one is a pink orchid which you wouldnt tell from the real ones and the other is a small pot of paperwhite daffodils which again you couldnt tell from real....I use them in amongst real houseplants so everyone is fooled by them lol ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:57 AM

Only use them in rooms with no window and no natural light, our hallway has a nice poppy display, silk nothing would grow there and real flowers hated it.

I used to have a big dried flower arrangement I loved but one day had a dusting accident and if died a death rather finally.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top