Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 03:45 PM

Next Question

Does anyone know if you can be buried in the cemetry of a town or village that you don't live in, or do we have to be buried in your local cemetry?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Re: Next Question

I think it's in your local town or city Mups unless you have a humanist burial. Then you can choose your location such as a forest or a favourite location.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 04:32 PM

Are we talking about a Church Cemetery or a Council Cemetery ,
My understanding is if you have links with the Place be it a church Cem and its not full then you would be able to be buried there .
My Father is buried in a Council run Town Cem where he had no links just traveling through when he died .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 04:59 PM

I think if you are cremated many churches will allow you to place the ashes in the graveyard, but burials even if you live locally are now not very common as land is so hard to find for them.

Best is to ask the church you are thinking of as there don't appear to be hard and fast rules.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 05:15 PM

I don't think so, as I just googled your question, and mostly it was no.
However, I do have to funeral plans belonging to relatives. They both wish to be buried in their birth places, and I do not for-see any problems, with me carrying out their wishes.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 06:53 PM

I could be wrong but I was always led to believe as long as you are prepared to pay for a plot you can use any cemetery (space permitting).. popular with people who want to go back to their roots.

There's also double depth plots .. where you can be interred, as it suggests, in the same grave ontop, and so together forever, with your pre-deceased loved one. (Usually pre-arranged as the depth has to be over 6 foot).
In other instances, the grave is opened and an urn of ashes is popped in.

I'm quite fortunate .. I've had my instructions from Mr M. After cremation I shall have a week in Margate, take a boat trip along the coast and throw him into the sea.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does anyone know if you can be buried in the cemetry of a town or village that you don't live in, or do we have to be buried in your local cemetry?
Freudian slip Mups?

Heading: 'Nest Question' .... implies making a nest to give birth to youngsters.

Content of thread: Death

Sorry, couldn't resist
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Oh I dunno ... it is your final nest ... like a snug burrow.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh I dunno ... it is your final nest ... like a snug burrow.
Oooh, I like that turn of phrase Morti... Snug Burrow. Mmmm, nice one
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:05 PM

I know of people who are not local to the village where I live but are buried here . Possibly different places have different rules ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top