Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Good morning Saturday.

Good morning all.

It's our son's birthday today so first thing we're doing is going over to his house with card & pressie.

The weekly shop this afternoon and baby sitting tonight while Paula & Ady go out for a romantic birthday meal.

I've told Taylor & Josh we can have hot dogs for tea followed by ice cream. Yum yum - well we like hot dogs too..

Have a good day all...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Re: Good morning Saturday.

Mornin' folks.
A cold, crispy start to the day here. I've got to go out soon and my car is still all iced over. Brrr.

Enjoy your day Carol, hope it all goes well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Goodmorning fellow members very cold with frozen rain on the car windows. I won't be venturing far today.

Ironing and cleaning on the menu this morning, I want to clean the oven before making bread tomorrow .

Enjoy your day everyone

Have a good party Carol
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:29 AM

buenas dias all. Happy birthday to your son Carol. Almost 10.30 a.m. here and itīs warming up nicely, blue sky and sunshine, but there are 17 areas of Spain on alert for snow, there is already a lot of snow in some parts. Just had a text from our athlete friends saying they have landed back at Heathrow from their trip to Australia. They did really well and won bronze and silver medals, not bad for a 63 and 68 years old couple.

No plans for today really, Iīll just take things as they come I think. Have a nice day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:35 AM

Good morning everyone, beautiful crisp start here and just back from walking the dogs in the forest.

Nothing much planned other than a couple of odd jobs and finishing reading my Dick Francis book this afternoon.

Enjoy your day folks.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Good morning all
A frosty morning here too, though lovely and sunny.
Have a lovely day Carol
I've got my eldest daughter and her husband for lunch

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 11:10 AM

well eye checkup went well yesterday. pressure in left eye has got back from 4 to 9 and in the right eye pressure is 11. Both of these numbers are well within normal eye range. Found out i do have small catarasts in both eyes but no treatment needed for at least 2/3 years.I also suffer frm "dry eye" or in other words with air con on in a car/bus/coach/plane the eyes start to sting. So the registrar who examined me gave a prescription that is non greasy to use as and when needed. The eye operated on needs no more drops but the other 2 drops a day for the forseeable future.
Also yesterday had a letter from the DVLA after I requested to have their eye examination at Spec Save to see if I can get my licence back. So now book in to have the eye check on the 11 Nov , next tuesday. have to say I am aprehensive as to me passing or not, but at least it doesn't seem now I will be going blind which is a huge burden off my shoulders.

Oh forgot to mention that I no longer need glasses for distance which the local optician could not understand why. He had never heard of this happening before but also never had anyone in that had a stent eye implant.

The stent implant is a small hollow tube finer than a hair which helps drain behind the eyeball. The operation has only been approved in over here in the last 3/4 years so comparatively a new operation. So now the optician is going to swat up on it.

The operation is a case of more worry beforehand as to what is going to happen than the operation itself. Afterwards the eye feels as if it has grit in it for about 3 weeks and resisting rubbing it takes some will power.

So that bring me up to date for you all and let you know what happens on tuesday later on
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 11:36 AM

Good morning everyone

Cold here, and the sky looks full of snow, we will see

Been up since five as Arthur ( the kitten ) still hasn't learned that we humans sleep when it's dark, not play . So now he's crashed out on the back of the sofa for the day no doubt

So a trip to PAH for us today to find some toys for him ( he's learning to play) and see what other bumf I can spoil him with

Darling husband is in the garage futering as usual so I'm just pottering

Saturday means I'm freed from the kitchen after breakfast as Saturday evening we meet with friends for a drink so it's either a take out or a toastie for tea

Carol, enjoy having the grandkids

Realspeed,,fingers crossed for you

Take care everyone xx
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 05:11 PM

Good afternoon.

Been out a few times today, getting my paper, doing stuff down allotment site (in the communal area), home to finish my own library book, then out to the library to take two back, and get three more out. Including another of the author just finished.

Got supper prepared (home made meat loaf) ready to put in the oven, with roasties. Feet up tonight with another book, maybe. Lol.

Don't like the look of tomorrow's weather.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top