Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 04:40 PM

Sympathy please, no laughing

Last week I bought a new food processor and today I decided to test it's various functions. I thought I'd start with the jug blender as I was going to make an orange and mango mousse. Got the jug on the machine base, put in the oranges and mangoes, pressed the button and away it went. I had a big jug full of pureed fruit. Then came the disaster, I took the jug off without the base of the jug...........out came all the pureed fruit at the bottom of the jug. What a mess, it was everywhere. It was running down the base of the machine like a waterfall, it was running off the work surface and down the cupboard doors, it was on the floor, it was on me, it was a MESS.

It's taken me well over an hour to clean everything, including the machine. It made more mess than when the bottom dropped out of a cake tin full of mixture I was carrying to the oven.

That's orange and mango mousse off the menu tonight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 04:43 PM

Re: Sympathy please, no laughing

Oh Loretta I hate making a mess .
Never mind you will know what not to do next time
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 05:10 PM

I hate making a mess too Meg, I'm always cleaning up as I go along with cooking, but believe me, this was a real mess, and a sticky one. The trouble with liquidy stuff is that it creeps everywhere, all round the edges of the hob, every tiny crevice. I'll probably have an invasion of those tiny sugar ants now sniffing out any tiny particle I've missed
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Oh dear could be worse you could have forgotten to put the top on and had it all round the room and ceiling
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 05:24 PM

Oh dear it must be one of those days. Just took a large bag of sugar from my shopping bag, and it had a hole in it. It is everywhere.
Life is sweet, or not as the case may be.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 05:52 PM

Don't feel too bad clumsy, yesterday: , after finishing my tea of chicken in gravy (yum) , I was carrying my plate through to the kitchen, as I reached to turn on the light, my hand caught the plate and upended it all over the fridge, wall and floor, gravy and chicken bones everywhere we even had to pull out the fridge to retrieve my knife and fork ( it's a tall fridge ) , spent half an hour cleaning up,
See, it happens to the best of us
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 05:55 PM

It sure could have been worse Loretta, it could have happened to me instead....
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 06:22 PM

ha ha haaaa!!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Oh dear Loretta. I tried picturing it in my mind, and sorry, an involuntary chuckle came out!

Sorry. But what a design fault, surely? If you were able to do that?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 06:35 PM

Well, the other afternoon I sent my husband out in the pouring rain to pick up a dead mouse who was on his back with his legs in the air, when he came back in, he said 'You silly Cow, it was a leaf'.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top