Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:04 PM

Did Anyone Apply For The Which Magazine Free Laptop Problems Solved Booklet?

I did and it came today! It's not massive but has lots of computing advice that might come in handy!
The only drawback was, they do try to sign you up for other stuff but l just declined!
Did you apply for the booklet?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Re: Did Anyone Apply For The Which Magazine Free Laptop Problems Solved Booklet?

Hi Art no I didn't but thought about doing so .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:10 PM

Re: Did Anyone Apply For The Which Magazine Free Laptop Problems Solved Booklet?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I did and it came today! It's not massive but has lots of computing advice that might come in handy!
The only drawback was, they do try to sign you up for other stuff but l just declined!
Did you apply for the booklet?
Certainly not...these things are written by novices for other less computer literate novices...no such thing as a free lunch !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:12 PM

No but ive had one similar from Which? in the past....ive found them to be helpful
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
No but ive had one similar from Which? in the past....ive found them to be helpful
Aysa I had one years ago I wonder if it was the same one and although some of it was basic I found it useful because it explained things in detail.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:15 PM

I think it could well be Meg
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:19 PM

I don't do anything Which? related I'm afraid. I consider them to be highly biased reviewers who tend to promote the mainstream products and services and are obviously (imo) paid to do so. Years ago I used to get the magazines, but when the internet came along and you could start to see "real" reviews by real people then everything changed.

I would imagine their computing advice would include the recommendation of specific anti-virus companies that they support and similar biased things.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:19 PM

I got one for my neighbour she's finally on line in her 90th year ! So anything that explains things simply and the which guides usually do is helpful to her. I'm in awe though at how quickly she is picking it up !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:42 PM

We have been subscribers to Which since we married in 1969. I would be most annoyed if they were giving away a free magazine to all and sundry whether they were subscribers or not! The subscription isn't cheap!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:55 PM

Well they are T, I see it as helpful but also a good way to advertise, they'll get a lot of new members through this give away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top