Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 01:58 PM

How Important Is Money To You?

For some people, money is their god! Some work long hours to get more money. Some people gamble to try and win money.
What is it about money that brings out the greed in people?
So l ask, how important is money to you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Re: How Important Is Money To You?

Yes, money is important to me Art.
Not in a greedy, all consuming way, but I know from experience what a nightmare worry it is to try and eke things out and make a small amount get you by.
I would not spend money on exotic holidays and designer clothes - ever - but enough to pay the bills, not owe anyone, have plenty of food for me and my dogs, and keep my car on the road is all I ask.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:12 PM

It's never been more important than for instance my family, we've given up a lot for family including being able to earn a lot of money.

It's a means to an end, we need enough to house ourselves, feed ourselves and keep warm. It's a bonus to have enough to have a bit of fun with holidays etc. And great to have enough to help others. But it's no God to us and we would give all the money up for better health.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:51 PM

We are grateful to have enough money to ensure we are comfortable in our old age, as long as we don't go crazy with it.

We have never been big spenders, and always cut our coat according to our cloth. Apart from the mortgage, paid off a few years ago, if we couldn't afford something we did without, or saved up until we could afford it. Going out for a meal only happens very occasionally; we have never been to a pub just for a drink. We have also never been to nightclubs or discos, they are of no interest to us. For holidays we usually went back to my home island once a year when the children were young, staying with my parents. When they were older we took them on educational holidays, which we thought important for them. I haven't been away for three years and that doesn't worry me at all.

It is nice to be able to help our children out financially when they are in need. We also like to donate to various charities on a regular basis, like Children in Need, for instance.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Not important to me really Art. We need to have it to survive. But as a Julie says, there are so many things money cannot buy.

What are your views Art?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 02:58 PM

Hi

What a question to ask a Yorkshireman who has had a Quadruple Bypass.

I am frantically searching for a 5p piece which fell out of my trouser pocket this morning and has rolled under either the washing machine or the tumble drier.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What a question to ask a Yorkshireman who has had a Quadruple Bypass.

I am frantically searching for a 5p piece which fell out of my trouser pocket this morning and has rolled under either the washing machine or the tumble drier.
Oh dear, can I help?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Ive heard it said that if a Yorkshireman gets hold of a pound " its a prisoner "
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Not important to me really Art. We need to have it to survive. But as a Julie says, there are so many things money cannot buy.

What are your views Art?
SP, My views on money?

The worst are the ones that stash it all away, penny pinch and do without in order to keep the figure high on their bank balance!
I see so many wealthy celebrities dying lately and l think, what's the good of their riches?
Money guarantees nothing!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 04:11 PM

It`s important to me. I have known poverty and I`m `comfortable` now.

Not rich but I can afford my bills and I have been able to help a friend out when she was in trouble-no not that sort of trouble.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top