Join for free
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 08:44 PM

Getting a bargain

Have you managed to get a real bargain at an auction or boot sale?

I adore auctions but try not to go as don't really need anything and am trying to declutter, but the feeling of getting a bargain is brilliant. I have polished wooden floors which are not really dog friendly and recently bought a room size persian rug off e-bay for the sitting room. Just two of us bidding in the end and I was so determined so as usual went over my set budget but love it and worth every penny. To go to a shop and buy one similar would cost at least 6 times as much.
Most of my furnture is from auctions
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Re: Getting a bargain

Can honestly say I've never been to an auction or boot sale!

My friend always goes to car boot sales when there is a local one and does pick up some bargains...surprising what she comes home with
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 10:20 PM

I've never been to a car boot sale or an auction either!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 11:27 PM

My Garmin Nuvi 1491T GPS dropped dead yesterday as I drove home from a strange location. I had acquired that super GPS because of a promotion by my scooter dealership that gave me a $300 Costco shopping card. That Garmin cost me $300. I returned to Costco to see if they would warranty that GPS. The manager was called and not only gave me a refund in the form of a new store card but added $50 to make it $350. The other bargain came when I looked for another GPS. The original was now selling for $219.95 leaving me $130 for additional shopping. I took it to a new level by buying a TomTom GPS for $140 leaving me $210 to buy whatever. I filled my cart with sheets for my new bed, two dozen pair of new socks and the rest in food. All this because of a blown up GPS and a good store warranty. Oh, I need to mention I still have $79 left on that card.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Sounds like you got a good deal there, Bob!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sounds like you got a good deal there, Bob!
The funny part is I flat hate returning broken items or clothing that doesn't fit etc. to the store. This was so pleasant it made me a big fan of Costco.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 12:37 AM

I've never really got the auction bug - but I hear some people are addicted to ebay
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 07:58 AM

I've never gone to either an auction, or car boot sale!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 08:09 AM

I have never been to an auction or car boot sale either, neither activity grabs me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top