Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 05:38 PM

Ambitions

I've been musing again.

Do you feel you have achieved everything you wanted to in life?
Are you blissfully content with your lot now, or do you feel you still have more dreams and ambitions you'd like to fulfill yet?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 05:47 PM

Re: Ambitions

Hi Mups.

I have done most of the things I wanted to do but there are few which are unlikely now like being a famous musician/rock star for instance. I had the chance when I was younger but girls and marriage put a stop to that.

I sometimes think I would like to join a male choir or be able to play guitar like John Williams.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 05:52 PM

Do you reckon you'd still get groupies Longdongles?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you reckon you'd still get groupies Longdongles?
How could he fail with a name like that?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
How could he fail with a name like that?
Hi

No hope for me then.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 06:39 PM

Yes I'm a very happy and contented man Mups, there's nothing left that I want to do, I'm very grateful things worked out so well for me in this life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've been musing again.

Do you feel you have achieved everything you wanted to in life?
Are you blissfully content with your lot now, or do you feel you still have more dreams and ambitions you'd like to fulfill yet?
I never really wanted very much Mups it has always been more a case of 'getting by' .
Now I have my own little house,
..the freedom to do only those things I want to do,
..I don't owe a penny to anyone

I am content
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No hope for me then.
Now now Swimmy, size isn't everything!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 07:31 PM

I never had any ambitions to fulfil Mupsy.

I'm always surprised to hear how folk 'mapped' out their lives in some way. You know, do this by that age, have this by that age...do such and such before they retire. I just couldn't be like that. Must be a fault line somewhere

I think I've always been a drifter. I'd get an idea, or it dropped into my lap, and I'd go for it. Either it worked at the time or it didn't.

No ambitions, no dreams..... just impulsiveness to drift along with

I'm not content yet. Need to move again, methinks... then hopefully I will be content (fingers crossed)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 08:20 PM

I don't think l achieved all l could have done career wise as l stayed at home to look after my five children and just worked part time or where l could take them with me.
I was very ambitious for my ex husband and ex partner and considered them to be my vehicle to success! They were both very intelligent and extremely able.
I do admit to pushing my ex husband up the ladder in the Education office as he was quite happy to plod along! I used to say, if you don't go for these higher positions then one day, your junior will be your boss!
In a row once with my ex partner, l told him his company was a tin pot company and he should employ more sales people. He did and the company rose up, gaining many of the blue chip companies in the north of England. At 50, he sold his companies and was able to retire!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top