Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Jackanory

A little place, for your little stories. I will start -

little story for today:
Many years ago, I had a cat that was half Siamese. He had cross eyes, and walked sideways. He was always chasing his tail, as I think he thought something was following him. His meow was a cross between a sumo wrestlers sigh and a fog horn. He was a very clever cat though. I lived back then in a shared house. Someone kept raiding the fridge. After much discussion, and finger pointing among the girls, we were left confused. One night I went down to the kitchen for a drink, and there he was the thief! It was my cat. He had worked out, that if he used his claws up and down the rubber seal. eventually the fridge opened. I stood there, he caught me in the corner of his eye, took a sideways step, knocked the mop over, that came crashing to the floor, shot up into the air. let out one of his sumo yells, and landed at my feet. He NEVER raided the fridge again.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Re: Jackanory

The last ferret that I had, not a pet but a good little worker, was a character. He would go all round the pub on a Sunday lunch time and say hello to everyone before coming back to me.
One day I was biking back to the pub with Ferdy bouncing about in his box on the back and a couple of rabbits hanging off the handlebars and I saw the local window cleaner, who rejoiced in the name of "Porthole", walking off to collect his money from a customer. When I reached the pub his ladder and bucket were outside and I put Ferdy in his bucket and the chammy on top of him, he went to sleep.
Ten minutes later Porthole returns and picks his bucket up, Ferry pops up wondering what was happening and Porthole nearly fainted!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 08:43 PM

Thank-you Purwell. Lovely little story.
Sweetie x
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 01:15 AM

My friend had a parrot that stood on his head and whistled close encounters of the third kind.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-11-2016, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
My friend had a parrot that stood on his head and whistled close encounters of the third kind.
What, that is very funny,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top