Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Have you ever been hypnotised?

Although very sceptical, I visited a registered hypnotherapist a few years ago for help with my acute anxiety disorder. At no time throughout the session did I feel out of control, and for a while, until the effects wore off, it was helpful.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Re: Have you ever been hypnotised?

I never have, but would love for someone to 'try' to hypnotise me - just to see if it works
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 03:13 PM

In the 80s my husband (a scientist) had watched a programme about people being regressed to former lives. Now he is a sceptic and an atheist, but thought it might be interesting to invite a hypnotist, claiming to be able to regress people, to our home. I believe this chap charged £25 for the privilege! My daughters and I sat outside the door of the room they were in, to listen to what was going on. We soon had hankies stuffed in our mouths in order to stem our giggles!

The hypnotist, "You are feeling sleepy"

My husband, "No I am not!"

This must have carried on for about 15 minutes, before the hypnotist gave up. He had never failed to put anyone under before, according to him! He still pocketed his fee. However it was worth it for the laugh we had!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 03:28 PM

No I haven't ...... not sure that I would like to be hypnotised either
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 04:19 PM

I believe I was hypnotised 35 years ago when I got married. Just wondering when the spell will be lifted!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
In the 80s my husband (a scientist) had watched a programme about people being regressed to former lives. Now he is a sceptic and an atheist, but thought it might be interesting to invite a hypnotist, claiming to be able to regress people, to our home. I believe this chap charged £25 for the privilege! My daughters and I sat outside the door of the room they were in, to listen to what was going on. We soon had hankies stuffed in our mouths in order to stem our giggles!

This must have carried on for about 15 minutes, before the hypnotist gave up. He had never failed to put anyone under before, according to him! He still pocketed his fee. However it was worth it for the laugh we had!
Oh love it, must have been so funny. I would not like to be hypnotised as don't like being 'out of control'. Have considered it for my anxiety but too anxious to do anything about it
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I believe I was hypnotised 35 years ago when I got married. Just wondering when the spell will be lifted!
Lovely. You must have a wonderful wife to have been under her spell for so long.
Dancingsky
None

24-09-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Lovely. You must have a wonderful wife to have been under her spell for so long.
I do so agree!
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
That is sooooo funny!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 06:24 PM

I heard it only works on susceptible, emotional people and if you don't want to 'Go under' you wont.
I had considered it myself to quit smoking, but I think I'm too strong minded for it to work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top