Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

24-09-2010, 02:29 PM

My new invention

LOL

I love soup and will make it from almost anything ( as you do , lol )

Decided to make Lentil last night and forgot I had no bacon .......... I waited till it was cooked and added 6 slices of Corned Beef ( this was a big pot of soup , lol ) ............ Cor blimey ! ! .......... It was delish

I`m going to make it this way all the time now ............ Hubby , midle son , his G/F and myself all loved it and agreed it was better than with bacon or lardons.

Serendipity ............

What happy accidents have you discovered / created / come across , with your cooking ?

P.S ............. Learned yrs ago that mince makes a good base stock for Minestrone too ........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Re: My new invention

Lol is that you in the pic?

Soup sounds nice Topaz! My last 'experiment/accident' can be seen in this thread - I still can't believe it's my own recipe

Are you good at making soups from 'scratch' (ie no tinned stuff) if so please do share some recipes
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

24-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Oi ya cheeky bugga ! ( LOL ) ................

No thats certainly not me wearing the cross of St George on me pinny ............ I`m Scottish ..............

I make most of our meals from " scratch " Azz ...I love cooking and have plenty time to wile away the hrs in the kitchen
Dont ask me for recipes though , cos its all just a " bit of this and a touch of that " , with me ............

You`re Couscous dish looks great

Proper Couscous ( not packet muck ) takes a long time to cook properly and its very labour intensive ............. My MIL taught me to do it and I do sometimes with my Couscousier which cost me all of 50 p ( lol) , but tbh I cant be arsed most times

I make a mean Tajine as well ............
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 02:54 PM

That looks lovely T

I try to stay off the couscous now, my latest variation is served on salad

I'm always on the lookout for 'natural' recipes - so if you ever get bored and fancy writing one one day you'll have at least one avid reader
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

24-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Corrrrrrrrr ! ! ! ........... That looks lovely ......is that yours ?

I`ll bear the writing recipe thing in mind .......... Dinnie hud yer breath though ( as some in Scotland say )

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Sounds good Topaz ....... did you put as much energy in your stirring as the lady in the pic?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

24-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Topaz - yeah tis

Mags - something tells me she did
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sounds good Topaz ....... did you put as much energy in your stirring as the lady in the pic?

Ha Ha Ha

Indeed I do Mags

I have so much energy to expend , even with all my bouncing around .

A vigorous stirring is good for the soul I say and I`m good at it too ......................... But some i`ve noticed seem to have it down to a fine Art dont ya think ?

Like this .............................

To them I say this ...............
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 03:39 PM

I like the sound of your invention Topaz, a West Indian friend of mine makes a kind of dhall with lentils thick and rich with loads of garlic then she adds a tin of corned beef a big dollop of hot pepper sauce and it is a super meal with rice.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 06:19 PM

I bang on and on about this but the heart of a good soup is good stock.

Anyone who says life is too short to make stock is not a `proper` cook.

And Azz-if you are into stirring and have a strong wrist(cheeky side thought intentional)make proper `polenta`.

It takes a while and needs almost constant stirring but the end result is worth it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top