Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 07:52 PM

What an idiot I am!

This morning I returned from the shops , unlocked my back door and came in to put my shopping away.
When it went dark I couldn't locate my keys, so just pushed the strong bolts on my door. I thought I must find my keys for tomorrow, so searched my handbag, coat pockets and all the kitchen worktops... but couldn't locate them. I couldn't have got into the house without them, so I knew they weren't lost!
I do have a spare backdoor key. so found that and went to lock the door, but it wouldn't fit in the lock.
I then found the reason why it wouldn't fit in the lock..........
my other key, along with my car key, were still in the lock... on the outside
Thank god for the bolts , because without them, a burglar could have come into the house, stole all my goodies and taken them away in my car. Without the bolts, he could have only taken the car.
I am switching off now and anticipating a lot of rude comments about me tomorrow morning.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Re: What an idiot I am!

Easily done Twink, you lead a busy life. I would never make any rude comments about it (only because I can't think of anything witty at the moment).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
This morning I returned from the shops , unlocked my back door and came in to put my shopping away.
When it went dark I couldn't locate my keys, so just pushed the strong bolts on my door. I thought I must find my keys for tomorrow, so searched my handbag, coat pockets and all the kitchen worktops... but couldn't locate them. I couldn't have got into the house without them, so I knew they weren't lost!
I do have a spare backdoor key. so found that and went to lock the door, but it wouldn't fit in the lock.
I then found the reason why it wouldn't fit in the lock..........
my other key, along with my car key, were still in the lock... on the outside
Thank god for the bolts , because without them, a burglar could have come into the house, stole all my goodies and taken them away in my car. Without the bolts, he could have only taken the car.
I am switching off now and anticipating a lot of rude comments about me tomorrow morning.

Ha, Ha! Twink. I'm always doing that, or they are still in the front door lock! My children tell me off!
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:02 PM

unfortunately I know the feeling well.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:02 PM

I've done it once too.... it's a scatty woman thing methinks

An ex neighbour once told me they went abroad for 10 days and discovered when they got back home that they had left the back door unlocked with the key in the lock outside. Thankfully the property turned out to be safe and unentered.

Edited as tomcat has done it too, it's not a scatty woman thing then
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:03 PM

You are a silly billy, now go sit on the naughty step!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:25 PM

Twink I am worn out and stressed reading that
I may need to lay down with a lavender bag on my brow .....
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
.... I am switching off now and anticipating a lot of rude comments about me tomorrow morning.
Maybe it's a gender thing
Just yesterday I had to drive 50km (round trip) to rescue wifey who had locked her keys in her car.
I didn't think you could do that with a Merc - but there ya go !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Maybe it's a gender thing
Just yesterday I had to drive 50km (round trip) to rescue wifey who had locked her keys in her car.
I didn't think you could do that with a Merc - but there ya go !
Pumiee, 50 km? That's nothing in Oz!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:37 PM

Whoever was moving your curtains, is playing games with you.
Only teasing we are all the same.
Sweetie x

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top