Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 08:40 AM

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday I went to visit a friend who lives on the other side of town. Left the 'bus a couple of stops early and walked through this lovely park.

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 09:45 AM

Re: A Walk in the Park

That looks really lovely ST.....a nice pleasant walk through the park. Lovely Autumn colours
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 10:01 AM

Some of our parks are little havens for wildlife, and breathing spaces for us to relax and unwind, a lot of mature woodland here.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 10:49 AM

Parks are nice places at any time of year. Certainly more colourful in the current season. Nice photos Silver Tabby.

I don't know if you grew up in that area but one thing about parks is that the mature trees look about the same as they did when you played there as a child. A bit more gnarled maybe but not too different. Parks can hold a lot of memories.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 11:44 AM

How lovely Tabby. I bet that did you the world of good just taking time to stop and absorb those surroundings.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 05:06 PM

That is a lovely park, Silver Tabby.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 05:58 PM

Lovely pictures ST I love trees, all the different interesting shapes and the barks are so tactile ...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 07:30 PM

It is good to be able to walk in there again - last year the council - in it's wisdom - decided they could not afford to employ anyone to lock the gates at night. Within weeks it became a no go area - full of drunks, druggies and drop outs - even the children's section (which was lovely) was vandalised. Three people were mugged, the games pavillion was burned down and someone was stabbed with a needle. The local residents gave the council a plan - if they (the council) would lock up at night again then volunteers would would set up a rota for opening it up in the mornings.

According to my friend, one of those on the rota, it seems to be working quite well. The volunteers also walked every inch of the woodlands and cleaned up the syringes/needles and other drug related rubbish and the children's play area has all been beautifully restored.

It was a pleasure to walk through and enjoy the autumnal colours and the wonderful loamy smell of the earth.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-11-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lovely pictures ST I love trees, all the different interesting shapes and the barks are so tactile ...
Thank you - there are some really beautiful trees in there. It used to belong to a professional gardener/nurseryman and was left to the council - for use of the people - in his will.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top