Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 06:45 PM

Loneliness

I know we have spoken about loneliness before, but I heard today, that after carrying out a poll, surprisingly it seems that it's the younger people, the 18 - 25 age group that felt loneliness a lot more than us oldies.

For those of you with partners/spouses, if they went away for a week without you, would you be 'lost and lonely', or would it be 'Bliss' to do whatever you wanted for the week?
In fact, what would you do to pass the time?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Re: Loneliness

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know we have spoken about loneliness before, but I heard today, that after carrying out a poll, surprisingly it seems that it's the younger people, the 18 - 25 age group that felt loneliness a lot more than us oldies.

For those of you with partners/spouses, if they went away for a week without you, would you be 'lost and lonely', or would it be 'Bliss' to do whatever you wanted for the week?
In fact, what would you do to pass the time?
I have always liked my own company, and never feel lonely on the occasions my husband has been away.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Hi

I am incredibly lonely Mups.

It is seriously affecting my life.

I know you are a very caring lady, so I think that the least you should do is to adopt me.

I will be no trouble and I do like Bedlingtons.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 07:03 PM

I could not survive for very long without my missus, there are things in that kitchen that are beyond my ability to operate plus the fact she is a stunning cook and still good in bed.
She has given me permission to post this after some serious editing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 07:08 PM

I think old and young suffer loneliness equally Mups....its horrible feeling lonely and alone...I do like my own company though so thats good
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 07:12 PM

I would manage ok if my other half was away for a week. I love reading and pottering around the house and garden. I have family I can see, if necessary for a natter, and I would spend more time in the gym.

I wouldn't be lost and it wouldn't be bliss - somewhere in between, I think.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am incredibly lonely Mups.

It is seriously affecting my life.

I know you are a very caring lady, so I think that the least you should do is to adopt me.

I will be no trouble and I do like Bedlingtons.

You are up to no good Sir, I can smell it a mile off!

However, I shall give it some thought. . . . x
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Is he house trained?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-11-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think old and young suffer loneliness equally Mups....its horrible feeling lonely and alone...I do like my own company though so thats good

They were saying on telly about it, and they seemed surprised at the results themselves Aysa.
They said most people associate loneliness with the elderly, but the results showed a lot of older people are quite accepting or adaptable, it was the youngsters who couldn't cope.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-11-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Is he house trained?

Ah, that must go on my list of questions.

Thank you Rehab.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top