Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 09:16 PM

Hand Dryers

They have these new high powered hand dryers at the motorway services. To me they sound like someone is being sucked in. They almost blow your skin off!
They have installed some new lower ones, for the children. Today I saw a lady kneeling down to use one.

Have you seen them?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 09:31 PM

Re: Hand Dryers

Yes I've seen and used them, they almost blow the flesh off your bones! So much better than the useless ones that leave you to finish drying your hands on your jeans!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Yes I've seen and used them, they almost blow the flesh off your bones! So much better than the useless ones that leave you to finish drying your hands on your jeans!
True. But you never have to ask where the loos are you can hear the poor folks being sucked in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 09:47 PM

I think you mean 'blown away,' not 'sucked in.'

There is one at just been installed at the gym and as you say, it is very powerful, and very noisy too.

Like CC says though, they're much better than those that you need to finish drying hands on your jeans though. I can blow harder than some of those feeble ones.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-11-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think you mean 'blown away,' not 'sucked in.'

There is one at just been installed at the gym and as you say, it is very powerful, and very noisy too.

Like CC says though, they're much better than those that you need to finish drying hands on your jeans though. I can blow harder than some of those feeble ones.
Well to me they sound like those industrial machines that suck up liquids. But true they do the job.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:12 PM

Ooooooo sounds interesting.....very interesting.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:28 PM

Those Dyson ones with a ribbon of air are good, but I have to say I prefer paper towels. Much quicker.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:34 PM

They are designed for men who pee down their trousers. Dries the wet patch real fast!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
They are designed for men who pee down their trousers. Dries the wet patch real fast!
There's been many a time I've used them to thaw out my hands and feet during a winter run on the bike
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
You've been watching Mr Bean, haven't you?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top