Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:26 PM

Watchdog.

Watched this last night.One item was about Asda's home delivery service.The crates that food were delivered in were in a dirty state,raw food was mixed with ready cooked meals and vegetables that weren't wrapped. Made me think if other supermarkets were guilty of this.I don't use online food shopping,after seeing this I'm glad I don't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Re: Watchdog.

I get mine delivered by tesco each week, i often keep the crates and they pick them up on the next delivery, i cant emphasise enough tesco do not send out dirty crates.

One week we had a salmon it leaked a bit, our driver sprayed the crate and rinsed it under the out door taps here then put it to one side in the van so it was taken to be thouroughly cleaned at the depot.

I had assumed all supermarkets did the same but im very happy i chose tesco in this case.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 03:00 PM

I saw the programme and thought it was disgusting that crates like that are allowed to be used

I don't use online shipping but if I ever have to I will be prepared to pay to have bags which at 5p each will not cost a fortune.

They bags can always be reused. Now I have 'bags for life' for shopping I am very short of plastic bags and reduced to using pedal bin bags for various purposes which I have to pay for anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 03:32 PM

I suppose it's inevitable that crates will get cross contaminated but you would expect the company to steam clean them or something.

I also wonder if supermarket trollies and baskets are ever cleaned?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Those pull along basket things you can get in some super markets are often very dirty inside. I try to pick a cleaner one if I have to use them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Those pull along basket things you can get in some super markets are often very dirty inside. I try to pick a cleaner one if I have to use them.
I agree, and I do too. I often wonder how they get into that state. And don't get me started on kids standing inside supermarket trollies.

I don't do online grocery shopping, because I couldn't manage the minimum spend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

Trouble is Tiff, we can't see bacteria.

Jazzi, I have contacted Asda H.O. kids in trolleys actually.

I said about the Watchdog prog. and that something also needs to be done to stop parents putting children nearly as big as me, in the main body of the shopping trolley!
They will have dirt on their shoes, maybe even dog poo for all we know, and people quite often put unbagged food into these trolleys e.g. fruit and veg for example.

I would like to see big kids banned from riding in the food trolleys. If they are far too big to sit in the baby seats, they should be walking.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top