Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Rules for society.

I dont want any falling out inthis thread lets try to be a bit accepting we all have ideas and can express them.

I was thinking society is changing before our eyes these days if you could rule and have all your ideas adopted for this new age what would they be ?

Id start in schools not everychild is academic by about 13 you know which ones are getting it and which ones arent so why not have secondary schools that cater for them. Some academic and some teaching practical ways building, plumbing, for trades and sewing and designing clothes etc or cooking and food technology. Get kids really into what interests them make them more employable when they leave school.

Then give everyone means to rent a home, possibly a basic wage that means they can live a very simple life in a studio flat then if and i think it will be most people anyone wants more they work for it. But they always get that basic life if they fall on hard times.

Thats just a start anyone got any other ideas they think could make our society better for generations to come ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Re: Rules for society.

Different Houses
these look nice

http://architizer.com/projects/hannibal-road-gardens/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Some of these shipping container homes look good too http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/fi...ntainer-homes/
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Julie i think its a great idea, we need our younger generation to grow up in a world of acceptence.. The school idea is good as it would bring the under achievers something to do and give them apprenticeships in the fields they want when they move on.

Yes we need to change the way they think about things and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as there's too many youngsters roaming the streets today.

The home front situation is good too, it would give them an authority to have their own keys to a house and live a worthy life.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Different Houses
these look nice

http://architizer.com/projects/hannibal-road-gardens/
Little boxes on a hillside comes to mind looking at those. They are horrible. Sorry Muddy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some of these shipping container homes look good too http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/fi...ntainer-homes/
I like these though, a very good idea.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I dont want any falling out inthis thread lets try to be a bit accepting we all have ideas and can express them.

I was thinking society is changing before our eyes these days if you could rule and have all your ideas adopted for this new age what would they be ?

Id start in schools not everychild is academic by about 13 you know which ones are getting it and which ones arent so why not have secondary schools that cater for them. Some academic and some teaching practical ways building, plumbing, for trades and sewing and designing clothes etc or cooking and food technology. Get kids really into what interests them make them more employable when they leave school.

Then give everyone means to rent a home, possibly a basic wage that means they can live a very simple life in a studio flat then if and i think it will be most people anyone wants more they work for it. But they always get that basic life if they fall on hard times.

Thats just a start anyone got any other ideas they think could make our society better for generations to come ?
Your post makes a lot of sense. I think learning a trade, alongside necessary schoolwork like English and Maths, should be offered to those who are less academic at the age of 14.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like these though, a very good idea.
The ones illustrated are quite large covering a lot of land ,
They are used quite often in rural Australia where land is cheap and plentiful,
In the UK land is at a premium and large sprawling houses are just not practical for low cost housing.

Perhaps these - also containers
https://www.google.es/search?q=conta...h7qq6tMa_MM%3A
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-11-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Little boxes on a hillside comes to mind looking at those. They are horrible. Sorry Muddy.
I dont think they are horrible .
Read the spec.
The wooden shingle will mature nicely and they have made use of a very difficult site providing eight large family homes with large outdoor terraces
And they overlook a lovely green.
This is exactly what is needed for low cost housing ,
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 08:47 PM

I wish schools could be able to teach children good manners & be able to discipline them [ within reason] no one is allowed to touch a child these days & staff say its not up to them to teach manners to children.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top