Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:02 PM

I've heard it all now...

Aldi checkout an hour ago...

"Could I use your loo please?

"Sorry no...Health & Safety!"

"But I've always been able to use it when caught short...there are no public loos anywhere near!"

"The police have told us it's out of bounds because we store the fireworks in there!"

"I promise I won't piss on your fireworks!!"

I've heard the lot now.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:07 PM

Re: I've heard it all now...

Originally Posted by poohdog ->

"But I've always been able to use it when caught short...there are no public loos anywhere near!"

"The police have told us it's out of bounds because we store the fireworks in there!"

Oh my this will upset someone. Better wipe the mud of your feet- hint hint
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:11 PM

Don't light a match in there!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->

CRAZY! I would report Aldi to health and safety as relieving yourself in store, because you are so desperate to go, could be injurious to the health of others!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:25 PM

Stupidly crazy! It happened to me at a car boot sale as well. Loos are inside the gate, gate doesn't open for 10 minutes yet the really officious person on said gate refused to let me use the loo. Even when I said I was desperate for a wee, in a very loud voice. I was furious. Was told H&S too. Can't imagine why going in 10 minutes early & then out again til proper opening time could make any difference. Daughter on being let in stopped the car blocking the entrance while I rushed into the loo. She drove off to park & I joined her after I'd done what I had to do. It can't be good for a person to have to bake it, even for 10 minutes. Why they don't put the portaloo's outside the entrance I'll never know.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:38 PM

Hi

I can quite understand the decision not to allow a member of the public into the secure area for the fireworks, one idiot with a match and a very big fire or worse.

I cannot understand however ALDI not having a secure cage in the warehouse in which to store them.

That is a serious omission by the home authority.

All supermarkets should have loos however, finding a loo is a nightmare at times.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:40 PM

Thousands of loos have been closed countrywide...it's a ridiculous money saver...after all we all have to go...and kids and the elderly in particular.Even one or two garages round here have closed theirs.
Damn it all the Victorians had more loos than us nowadays.
And to top it all you get nicked if you are bursting and go up an alley.
I'm sure the Americans wouldn't put up with it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 04:45 PM

Perhaps they want us to carry little bags, like people with doggies do. The Victorians? I think in the East End of London, well you can guess. Portable chamber pots might be the answer.
Sweetie x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Don't stores of a certain size have to provide a toilet?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Don't stores of a certain size have to provide a toilet?
All Pubs ,and ..Restaurants selling cooked meals, are required by Law to provide 'Ladies and Gents Toilets' with a notice saying "Now, Please wash your hands."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top