Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Signs of the Times

I just walked past the childrens playground in the Park and suddenly noticed that most of the adults (looking after the children that is) were men. So taking the child to the swings seems to be a male pastime now?

Please feel free to put your own times have changed musings.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Re: Signs of the Times

House husbands/partners!! It is indeed signs of the times, CD

I see the men hanging out the washing where I live as well!!

Take care.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 09:50 AM

Re: Signs of the Times

My husband would have died rather than do stuff, unless it was of an intellectual nature, with our very young children! As for hanging out the washing or even using the machine that was a 'larf'. In 1998 I went to my island home for a break as I hadn't been very well, I left him in charge of our DS son. He phoned me 3 times in one day for instructions on how to use the washing machine. Now this is a man who has four degrees including a Ph.D. He used to rewire houses as a student to earn extra money, and the electricity boards passed his efforts with flying colours!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top