Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:02 PM

Funeral Plan

This afternoon i was having a look through my funeral plan info and was gobsmacked to see that cardboard coffins are £500! A cardboard coffin yes that is all it is cardboard, so why would anyone want to cough up £500 when all they have to do is find a large cardboard box and DIY. Items needed.
1/ Large cardboard box usually found in dark alleyways.
2/ Tape measure got to make sure feet don't stick out.
3/ Roll of strong tape.
4/ Pair of scissors or sharp knive.

So there you are if your thinking of a cardboard coffin save your money and make your own. lol!!!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:09 PM

Re: Funeral Plan

I like the whicker coffins very nice. But there again does it really matter what you end up in your not going to care are you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:16 PM

I now funerals are ridiculously expensive these days Doc .
No I don't think it matters what you go in particularly if there is to be a cremation.

I don't want a funeral so a simple cardboard box will suit me fine for a woodland burial.

This modern reproduction of a Neolithic burial chamber was on 'Countyfile ' recently, it is beautiful inside but very expensive...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...l-chamber.html
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I like the whicker coffins very nice. But there again does it really matter what you end up in your not going to care are you?
I think funeral plans area great idea. Having lost both my parents last, it saved me a lot of hard work, as I knew their wishes. As for coffins, it really is a little too near, what I have been through. But wicker is becoming popular.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

29-10-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I now funerals are ridiculously expensive these days Doc .
No I don't think it matters what you go in particularly if there is to be a cremation.

I don't want a funeral so a simple cardboard box will suit me fine for a woodland burial.

This modern reproduction of a Neolithic burial chamber was on 'Countyfile ' recently, it is beautiful inside but very expensive...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...l-chamber.html
Yes meg i saw that on tv i wonder if they will build more a great idea bringing the old ideas back. Pity about the prices.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Yes meg I saw that on tv i wonder if they will build more a great idea bringing the old ideas back. Pity about the prices.
I am sure they will build more it looks a very lucrative business and is effective on space.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 05:34 PM

A carpenter pal does bespoke coffins.

He did one in the shape of a canal narrow boat quite recently.
Another in the shape of an E-type Jag.

Fabulous in quality and price.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Cardboard coffin £100 and wicker starting from £180 on ebay....
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 06:33 PM

I liked the idea of a wicker coffin but was put off when I went to a funeral and the deceased was carried in in one. It CREAKED loudly all the way up the aisle and all the way down and we were all hard put to it not to giggle. Disgraceful I know, so I think I'd prefer the cardboard box.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2016, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I liked the idea of a wicker coffin but was put off when I went to a funeral and the deceased was carried in in one. It CREAKED loudly all the way up the aisle and all the way down and we were all hard put to it not to giggle. Disgraceful I know, so I think I'd prefer the cardboard box.
Just as long as it didn't get wet eh Sue....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top