Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Drivers 'no longer fear punishment'

......for mobile phone use

There are just no cops on the streets anymore....I've not seen a cop in many many months !!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:40 PM

Re: Drivers 'no longer fear punishment'

I NEVER use my mobile when I am driving. There are police about where I live. My car has an app so that your phone can be used hands free through the radio. Hubby uses it, but not me.
Sweetie x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:41 PM

I always turn mind off when I get in the car, no fear of punishment more a fear of harming people if I was to answer it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:45 PM

I have used mine once or twice in the past when in a traffic jam to inform my employer that I would be late. Although stationary, with the handbrake on and out of gear, I realise that I would still have been prosecuted, but chose to take the chance.

I believe that there is a difference between practical common sense and the stupidity of actually driving and speaking on a mobile phone but, of course, the law is not really interested in practicalities.

At the same time, I have seen many drivers on their phones whilst at speed yet, of course, Malcolm is right: you don't see many police about these days and those you do are clearly marked and visible.

The root cause of the problem, needless to say, is that police funding and numbers have been cut...

...just like our border guards!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:49 PM

'Drivers no longer fear punishment' for mobile phone use'

I can believe it, I see people driving while on the phone all the time. The police can't be everywhere following every car looking for culprits.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:57 PM

We have plenty of cops round here.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
'Drivers no longer fear punishment' for mobile phone use'

I can believe it, I see people driving while on the phone all the time. The police can't be everywhere following every car looking for culprits.
I agree the cops can't be everywhere but they could be somewhere, the truth is, however, they are nowhere !
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always turn mind off when I get in the car, no fear of punishment more a fear of harming people if I was to answer it.
You do?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

28-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
You do?
I noticed that Freudian slip too Pesta
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 05:34 PM

The thing is with this mobile problem, if you are involved in an accident and it turns out you were on the phone at the time, which they will glean from the phone records, then you are going to be in for a hefty fine.

Worse still, if you cause an accident and kill or seriously injure someone and you were on the phone, then you are going straight to jail.

Worth thinking about that. Your life and the life of all your family and friends could be turned upside down tomorrow just by you using a phone whilst driving and having a serious accident.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top