Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:41 AM

Attention-seeking.

Mentioning no names, and without wishing to create any baiting or nastiness towards others, do you think some members are thriving on too much attention i.e. Narcissicism?

Is this a necessity of forum dwelling, or should we ask each other questions more about themselves rather than wanting so much attention being directed towards our own sweet selves?
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 01:12 AM

Re: Attention-seeking.

I can think of a couple who are all "me me me!" but, for the better part, I think most are pretty laid back.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I can think of a couple who are all "me me me!" but, for the better part, I think most are pretty laid back.
Same here, Linda.
I'm just wondering why it is that some people need the limelight more than others. Perhaps they are lonely?
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here, Linda.
I'm just wondering why it is that some people need the limelight more than others. Perhaps they are lonely?
Not sure. But I normally just let them prattle on so they can hear themselves talk (or, in this case, see themselves type) because sometimes they try and make the same exact point over and over and over again, just wording it differently. I'm like yeah, I get it.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 05:27 AM

Hi

Floydy.

I think perhaps you are being a trifle harsh.

You are younger than most on here, still working and in excellent physical health.

That can change in an instant, I know mine did.

Your life can also change in an instant, getting home from your night shift, all it takes is a drunk driver to sideswipe you and life changing injuries result.

No more working, no more Gym, your life as you know it gone.

You have to rebuild it, and sites like this are brilliant for doing so.

Imagine your life with no partner, no work and no Gym.

You would find this site a Godsend.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 11:43 AM

I dunno ... how do you define 'me, me, me' ...or trying to steal the limelight.

Some members just post more than others or might be more chatty.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I dunno ... how do you define 'me, me, me' ...or trying to steal the limelight.

Some members just post more than others or might be more chatty.
I think a lot of people are lonely and are in fact attention seeking and I find nothing wrong in that
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Put it this way ... I tend to like the discussion threads and if I see someone has made a post and joined in, who might not ordinarily, I just think ...Good for you! .. and will often nip off to their profile to find out more about them.

People tend to stick to certain threads .. so it's nice to see them stray out of their comfort zone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 11:47 AM

I love hearing about others lives and families I assumed everyone did or why else would we belong to a forum like this ? I'm probably guilty of posting a lot about my lit I talk about them in real life too and love hearing about others families. I'm one of those who will actually look at people's holiday snaps and remain awake and enthusiastic right to the end
Linda0818
USA

28-10-2016, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Floydy.

I think perhaps you are being a trifle harsh.

You are younger than most on here, still working and in excellent physical health.

That can change in an instant, I know mine did.

Your life can also change in an instant, getting home from your night shift, all it takes is a drunk driver to sideswipe you and life changing injuries result.

No more working, no more Gym, your life as you know it gone.

You have to rebuild it, and sites like this are brilliant for doing so.

Imagine your life with no partner, no work and no Gym.

You would find this site a Godsend.
All of this is very true. Life can change in an instant. And for some of us, especially women going through menopause, once you hit 50, everything falls apart. I'm 52 and I feel like I'm 90.

Also things can change for those close to you. My son's dad (we never got married) received a cancer diagnosis 4 years ago and he's 5 years younger than me, he's 47. Although the cancerous tissue has been successfully removed, he still went through several surgeries and long, long stays in the hospital and, naturally, he has frequent check-ups and scans to make sure the cancer doesn't come back. But it always does, most people know that. It's only a matter of time.

Plus other life-changing events that I won't go into. Let's just say I understand why old people are grumpy.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top