Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Dear Diary

This Morning I went shopping. Sitting on a bench outside the shopping precinct, I was checking my list, when an elderly man came and sat beside me. He had a glass eye, something to do with the WW2, his shirt was buttoned up all wrong. So I helped him put it right. He told me he had lived in Bournemouth all his life.he was brought up in an orphanage.then married,but they were unable to have children, and his wife had passed away eight years ago. The council had housed him in a small flat, and no-one ever talks to him, so he walks to the precinct everyday, hoping to find someone to talk to.
There are big posters up in the precinct saying - No-one should face Cancer alone. I want to put one up that say's no-one should face loneliness alone.

I then overheard an elderly lady telling her friend, she was going to get a shampoo and sex. I would say it was a freudian slip, however, I think she had new false teeth.

Please feel free to either post your page diary, or make comment. Sweetie x
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Re: Dear Diary

I have never kept a diary, having no interest in doing so.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 01:50 PM

Dear diary, today I wrote in my diary.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 02:08 PM

Dear Diary. Today on sorting out the sun lounge, looking for bird feeders that need washing, I came across a box with 8 brand new green hanging baskets in it. I have no idea when they were bought, nor where they were bought from. Mystery! Too late to use them now, even if I had a clue where to hang them. Amazing what you find if you are looking for something else.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 02:13 PM

Dear Diary.
I think Sweetie Pie has started a very nice thread here, and it should do well.
I will contribute once I have something interesting to say.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Dear diary today is only third day of the half term week, will both Grace and I survive to Friday or will one of us kill the other ?

Also lesson learned don't try to sing along to the radio while eating almonds you increase chances of choking to death immensely
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Nice idea, Sweetie pie but I thought a diary was a private thing? Anyway, no harm in sharing and it's nice to hear what you're up to. I'm sure members here will find your adventures interesting
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 03:26 PM

Dear Diary

I am being a good boy today.

I have done everything the medics said.

Got up and washed my hair, did my teeth, had a flannel bath so not to get anything wet and waiting in for the nurse.

I am on the sofa, being quiet and not doing anything strenuous.

I have not had a fag or any solid food at all, just sticking to milk.

It is now after 3 in the afternoon, the nurse still hasn't been.

I have a lovely sirloin in the fridge, potato wedges ready to go and I desperately need a fag, a decent meal and I have 200 litres of saltwater to make up and change in my marine tank.

I cannot do any of these until nurse has been and gone.

I do not know how much longer I can wait.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 06:17 PM

Dear Diary.

I had a very nice day today.

Woke up with a smile as i remembered my team thrashed Preston 6-0 yesterday.

Off out to a place i had not visited for 25 years, to try out the new camera, chatted to lots of folks. Do they see me as a lonely old man ?

Beat the rain so back home with a large vat of home made soup on the go, the smell is gorgeous, and im clamming.

Once im fed ive got a sci-fi box set to watch, lazy evening, but no plonk.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Dear Diary
I had a lovely time volunteering at the care home this afternoon, the residents lift my heart. I wonder how they always remember me, when they all have dementia.

Rant: Why does the stupid dishwasher keep asking for salt? There is salt in the tablets, what's not to understand.

Why are there so many cars on the road, that have indicators that don't work? People can use hand signals. Well I saw some other drivers using hand gestures to the ones that had no indicators.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top