Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 12:49 PM

I wish I hadn't started it now!

It was just a mark on the wall by the bin in the kitchen!
I was putting the fan away in the outhouse, the electric fan not the one I dance the fandango with.
I spotted a tin of white emulsion so I thought I'd just paint over the small mark on the kitchen wall.
Then I spotted a mark under the radiator so I thought I may as well touch that up while the paint was open.
Then, there was the smudge on the hall wall at the bottom when Floyd rubs himself, rather a large one that! Then I found another one...

Then I noticed the door frames are looking very yellowing, so are the doors!
Whatever happened to that white paint that used to stay white? What was it called that indestructible paint polyurethane or something?

Now I need to decorate the whole bungalow!
...and wipe up the drips, on the flooring

Do you do this kind of "little job" that gets bigger?

Going for my nap now!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Re: I wish I hadn't started it now!

All the time Tessa I have been known to sit and cry with frustration when a 'little job' has turned into a big one and I can't get it right

That's the only drawback I can think of with not having a handy man around
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 12:53 PM

Oh dear I just managed to persuade my husband not just paint the window sill because I fear that will happen here, I'll carry on putting a plant pot on the scratched area of paint it hides it well enough
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 12:56 PM

I have a largish mark on side of stair wall where gdaughter pulled off a plaque it's pulled the paint off so it's irritating me , I keep thinking I must paint the wall but it rises so high up I'd never reach the ceiling yet I can't just put a splodge of paint on the mark. I think I'll just have to ignore it .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Yes, many a time.

From painting my porch to deciding I hated painting so replaced it in PVCu

I once decided to service my motorbike myself.
That was an expensive idea.......new exhaust, fairing panel and complete respray.
I'm quite ocd when I least need nor can afford to be.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Have you fixed your washer yet ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It was just a mark on the wall by the bin in the kitchen!
I was putting the fan away in the outhouse, the electric fan not the one I dance the fandango with.
I spotted a tin of white emulsion so I thought I'd just paint over the small mark on the kitchen wall.
Then I spotted a mark under the radiator so I thought I may as well touch that up while the paint was open.
Then, there was the smudge on the hall wall at the bottom when Floyd rubs himself, rather a large one that! Then I found another one...

Then I noticed the door frames are looking very yellowing, so are the doors!
Whatever happened to that white paint that used to stay white? What was it called that indestructible paint polyurethane or something?

Now I need to decorate the whole bungalow!
...and wipe up the drips, on the flooring

Going for my nap now!
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!! When our vicar daughter was living in her previous vicarage I very kindly offered to paint the downstairs cloakroom for her, thinking it would take me an hour or so at most, about six hours later I actually finished the job!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Have you fixed your washer yet ?
Yes, my smalls are spinning as I type.
I got the reset codes and it seems fine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 03:55 PM

I find if l go into a room looking for something l have lost, l end up tidying and clearing out the room completely. Two or three hours later, the item is still lost but the room looks lovely!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:04 PM

Years ago I once started tiling the kitchen floor with cork tiles in the middle of the night and cut my thumb badly with a Stanley knife . I certainly wished I hadn't started that little job

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top