Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:23 AM

Wet wipe mountain

For those with delicate derrieres.
Flushable wet wipes ain't flushing and they are bunging up our toilets and sewers .
These are causing angst amoung the water companies and they need diggers to remove veritable mountains of wet wipes .
They say you must only put three things down the loo.
P
Paper
Poo
newspaper squares on nails anyone ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:25 AM

Re: Wet wipe mountain

I always put wet wipes in a little bin, seems a bit daft to put them in the loo!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:30 AM

Well I get up early, look for the Morning thread. What do I find - this
Now of course you are right. The wipes are also making it through, and causing problems with marine life. But as I am Sweetie, I like the bit about poo!
Morning Muddy.
Sweetie x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I always put wet wipes in a little bin, seems a bit daft to put them in the loo!
Not when you've wiped your bum on them it doesn't!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:36 AM

There was a photograph in my local paper of the wet wipe mountain in this area it is horrific.

I am guessing the problem is mainly caused by young people with babies, I say this because our narrow drains here used to get blocked when visiting families with small children came to stay with relatives.

This is one weekend of wet wipes at a local treatment works...

WAR has been declared on wet wipes after Severn Trent Water revealed it cost £5million each year to fix blocked pipes.

Severn Trent said even wipes which were branded as flushable were causing issues and asked people to think twice before chucking wet wipes, baby wipes or floor wipes down the toilet.

In the last year, it was called out to over 30,000 blockages in the region, of which three quarters were caused by people misusing the sewer system and flushing things like wipes.

James Jesic, operations manager, said: “Wipes are the biggest problem we’re dealing with at the moment, and what’s making the problem worse is that there are some wipes you can buy that are branded as ‘flushable’.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Not when you've wiped your bum on them it doesn't!
To right Carol.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Hi

They should be taxed at 100% with the money going to clear the sewers which were never designed for them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 08:55 AM

I reckon that Izal loo paper must still be out there, cant see anything destroying that stuff.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 09:23 AM

I would like to mention that wet wipes are just another way to get you to spend your money with the people that make them.
After using the loo, I am sure you all wash your hands, so if the dry loo rolls don't get you clean enough why not try washing yourself? ( I realize this may not be possible in public toilets but it is easy to do at home!)
People often criticize the French, but bidets do an excellent job!
We all waste to much in this world and that waste will probably affect your grandchildren's future! Or do we not care about the future of next generations?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 11:03 AM

You don't use them to wipe your bum, just refresh after using paper, I would hope!

But then some folk...

Don't they have to put paper in bins in Greece because of the plumbing being none existent or something?
My niece told me that some public mens loos in Dubai have hoses to wash with but, she had to warn her son against using them because of "backwash"!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top