Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Hell, heaven or oblivion?

Given the option, when you kick the bucket what would be your preference?

I would definitely opt for oblivion. Hell doesn't sound too pleasant, neither does heaven. If you don't have any consciousness then you don't know if you are missing anything. I reckon I have been there done that and got the T shirt where living is concerned, my life hasn't been exactly uneventful to put it mildly, so I would be quite content to be out of it completely when I eventually fall off my twig.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Re: Hell, heaven or oblivion?

I know of no-one who has been either to Heaven or Hell who has returned to discuus what the place is like so I can not form an objective opinion.

Or

Is this subject just another one to get people arguing which is right and which is wrong?
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I know of no-one who has been either to Heaven or Hell who has returned to discuus what the place is like so I can not form an objective opinion.

Or

Is this subject just another one to get people arguing which is right and which is wrong?
It is a topic for debate, and has caused quite a bit of discussion when I have posed it on other forums!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:04 AM

I wouldn't want oblivion, I don't fancy hell so it would have to be heaven where I would hope to be reunited with my loved ones.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
It is a topic for debate, and has caused quite a bit of discussion when I have posed it on other forums!
What is the sense of debating something which can not be proved one way or the other?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:16 AM

What you believe is irrelevant. Since it will happen anyway
I have my belief and it sustains me. I hope yours does.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:25 AM

To heaven for me, that's where all my old dogs and cats are, waiting at the bridge for me.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Just watched a film about a man whose mother was scared of dying because she thought she would go to oblivion.

He told her that when she died she would go to her favourite place and all her friends and family would be there to greet her. The sun would always shine and she would be able to have anything she wanted even ice cream and even better she would be young again and able to dance.

I like this idea particularly about meeting old friends and family and I like to think that one day I will be young and dance again cos boy I did love to dance.

Nobody knows and nobody can say or even guess but if this makes a dying person happier then so be it for me.
Dancingsky
None

20-09-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
What is the sense of debating something which can not be proved one way or the other?
It is all hypothetical, but why should that matter? Please don't feel you have to post on this thread!
Dancingsky
None

20-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Just watched a film about a man whose mother was scared of dying because she thought she would go to oblivion.

He told her that when she died she would go to her favourite place and all her friends and family would be there to greet her. The sun would always shine and she would be able to have anything she wanted even ice cream and even better she would be young again and able to dance.

I like this idea particularly about meeting old friends and family and I like to think that one day I will be young and dance again cos boy I did love to dance.

Nobody knows and nobody can say or even guess but if this makes a dying person happier then so be it for me.
There are quite a number of rellies, alive and dead who think they are going to heaven. Most of whom I wouldn't wish to meet again!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top