Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:09 AM

If, Single, Widowed Or Divorced, Would You Consider A Dating Site?

Many people, mostly married people only see dating sites as bad places but this article proves they can be successful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...re_article-top

In my own experience, l have found dating sites to be really good. About four years ago, when l found myself on my own again, it would have been so easy to give up and feel sorry for myself.
A Sagazone friend said, l should join a dating site, as many ladies in our group had joined one. l was appalled and said, l would never consider such places!
When l got home, l did have a look and joined the site she suggested. It was the best thing l have ever done and l have had the best time!
In a similar position where you found yourself alone again, would you consider a dating site? Or do you think they are terrible places?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Re: If, Single, Widowed Or Divorced, Would You Consider A Dating Site?

Once married was enough for me, but if i was iinclined to look again an online site would not be on my list.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:15 AM

NEVER in a millions years. If my husband dies before me I would never want another relationship, one is more than enough. Even if I was interested, I would only what to get to know people I had met in person, not those who were so desperate they had to resort to a dating site.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Once married was enough for me, but if i was iinclined to look again an online site would not be on my list.
Nom, Have you tried one or are you going by some of the bad reviews they get?
It's the modern way to go now, to meet somebody.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:17 AM

Yes, I would consider one. I know at first hand how good they are. My son found his dream girl (His wife Paula) and a 69 year old divorced friend found a wife for himself.

It's not like a blind date. You get to know people through online chat, emails & phone calls before you decide to meet them.

What harm can come of it if you meet a prospective 'date' in a public place?
Before Ady met Paula he had dozens of dates and no bad experiences at all.

I would advise any lonely person to join a dating site.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2016, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
NEVER in a millions years. If my husband dies before me I would never want another relationship, one is more than enough. Even if I was interested, I would only what to get to know people I had met in person, not those who were so desperate they had to resort to a dating site.
Tarantula, So, being lonely, is being desperate?
I had the same blinkered, narrow view as you, until l tried one!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Nom, Have you tried one or are you going by some of the bad reviews they get?
It's the modern way to go now, to meet somebody.
No Art, i meet plenty of ladies through my hobbies so i get to know them in reality, ive nothing against anyone using them, especially useful for those less outgoing, im happy with my single life.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2016, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes, I would consider one. I know at first hand how good they are. My son found his dream girl (His wife Paula) and a 69 year old divorced friend found a wife for himself.

It's not like a blind date. You get to know people through online chat, emails & phone calls before you decide to meet them.

What harm can come of it if you meet a prospective 'date' in a public place?
Before Ady met Paula he had dozens of dates and no bad experiences at all.

I would advise any lonely person to join a dating site.
Carol, l am so pleased you see dating sites in a positive way and that they can be successful!
You can tell in your post how thrilled you are for your son Ady and Paula.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:34 AM

Carol, l am so pleased you see dating sites in a positive way and that they can be successful!
You can tell in your post how thrilled you are for your son Ady and Paula.
Yes, they are made for each other. It was love at first sight.
They are so happy together and without that dating site they would never have met.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 08:51 AM

Many people, mostly married people only see dating sites as bad places but this article proves they can be successful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...re_article-top

In my own experience, l have found dating sites to be really good. About four years ago, when l found myself on my own again, it would have been so easy to give up and feel sorry for myself.
A Sagazone friend said, l should join a dating site, as many ladies in our group had joined one. l was appalled and said, l would never consider such places!
When l got home, l did have a look and joined the site she suggested. It was the best thing l have ever done and l have had the best time!
In a similar position where you found yourself alone again, would you consider a dating site? Or do you think they are terrible places?
Men and women have totally differing views about dating sites.
Men visit them for one thing only and believe that women are there for the same reason....SEX !
Women are looking for companionship and someone to fix their cupboard doors.
Both will end up disappointed !!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top