Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Moving house

I'm moving on November 15. Any good tips on packing or just getting through it with my sanity intact?
confused.com
North Wales
confused.com is female  confused.com has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:24 AM

Re: Moving house

Write in detail on every packed box, the contents and also the room the box is meant for. Are you doing everything yourself?
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by confused.com ->
Write in detail on every packed box, the contents and also the room the box is meant for. Are you doing everything yourself?
Yes, my son and I are.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Hire the best removers you can afford. Get a trustworthy friend to over see it and go away on holiday. Now why didn`t I think of that?.

Good luck-it`s not easy
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:32 AM

We have moved home many times in our 47 years of marriage as my husband got promotion. A good tip is to use it as a good excuse for a clear out of all the stuff you don't want, or really need.
Lizzie Jones
Canada

23-10-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Hire the best removers you can afford. Get a trustworthy friend to over see it and go away on holiday. Now why didn`t I think of that?.

Good luck-it`s not easy
I wish I could go away on holiday but I have to be there to sign the lease.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Put coloured stickers on all the boxes and then stick them on the corresponding doors when you get there. Include sheds, garages and lofts. As mentioned write every single thing on the box because after a few months, you will not remember what's in them when you are looking for something specific.

Most importantly - Keep the kettle and tea bags close at all times.
Lizzie Jones
Canada

23-10-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Most importantly - Keep the kettle and tea bags close at all times.
That is all in the main bag. Kettle, mugs, sugar, typhoo canister, evaporated milk tins, spoons (2), tin opener, biscuits and other assorted non-perisable edibles, babywipes and a package of toilet paper.

That bag, my yarn bag and my purse come with me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 10:49 AM

I know that you are doing the move yourselves but when we moved, I bought a pic pack of disposable cups so that I didn't have to keep washing them up.
Lizzie Jones
Canada

23-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know that you are doing the move yourselves but when we moved, I bought a pic pack of disposable cups so that I didn't have to keep washing them up.
Good idea! I never considered that. I could put those in my yarn bag so they don't end up crushed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top