Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Wishes.

I'm wishing I had a nice winter holiday in the sun to look forward to - just like I did in the old days.
Tony refuses to go any more and I won't go without him.

Is there any thing you wish for?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Re: Wishes.

Yes i wish i had my health back to the level i had in my 30`s, but retain the knowledge i have gained to date.

But.

Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes and by fulfilling them. Henri Frederic Amiel
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 09:18 AM

All the wishes I've wished for have come true , good or not so good . I don't really make wishes anymore I just let it happen where I'm concerned , but I do send out wishes for my children .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm wishing I had a nice winter holiday in the sun to look forward to - just like I did in the old days.
Tony refuses to go any more and I won't go without him.

Is there any thing you wish for?
My son and family are off to the Canaries this weekend, my Sister and family also to the Canaries and my niece and family to Florida so I am feeling rather deserted

I don't envy them though, I would be happy to have my good health back and not have to worry about it getting progressively worse. I feel a bit vulnerable when my son is away , it is reassuring having him living near even If I never ask for help.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Like most of you I wish that I was as strong and fit as I was in my thirties when I could almost move mountains, yesterday I was struggling to unscrew the top off a new carton of milk.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 12:25 PM

That would be it for me, somehow a wish would happen in a different way.
Sweetie x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 12:59 PM

I'm with the ones wishing for good health back. Barry, I know just what you mean!

If there was one thing I could wish for, it'd be good strength. The physical kind, able to lift or move things without hands crying out in agony. And being able to do something simple like cut into a loaf of bread or a roll without struggling with the knife.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 01:05 PM

I wish l had the strength of a man, then l wouldn't need one!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Hmmm - when I started the thread I wasn't meaning anything to do with health & strength & illnesses etc - of course my top wish would be for Tony's Alzheimers to go away.

I was thinking more of attainable wishes that you just can't quite reach for whatever reason...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Hmmm - when I started the thread I wasn't meaning anything to do with health & strength & illnesses etc - of course my top wish would be for Tony's Alzheimers to go away.

I was thinking more of attainable wishes that you just can't quite reach for whatever reason...
Ok, l wish for the freedom of speech on threads!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top