Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Odd habits

Just wondered if anyone was like me, in reading a newspaper from back to front. I know the sports pages are on the back, and its not as though I'm that obsessed with football etc., but its someting I've always done. Anyone else equally as nuts?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Re: Odd habits

Come to think of it John - I don't think I have any odd habits :-/
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Just wondered if anyone was like me, in reading a newspaper from back to front. I know the sports pages are on the back, and its not as though I'm that obsessed with football etc., but its someting I've always done. Anyone else equally as nuts?
I read magazines from back to front, always have done!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:27 PM

Don't walk backwards as well, do you!?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 10:01 PM

I read my newsmagazines back to front, also sort the paper into sections in order: Metro, Style, daily extra (Food, Local News, Weekend, Health) ) Main section, discard the classified and Sports. I also peel fruit, I don't think that's odd, but have had people tell me it is ....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 08:05 AM

I dont know of any but one habit I dont want to get out of is waking up in the morning.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 08:47 AM

LOL AB I can't think of any - except when I read a book - I read the last page first!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 09:52 AM

I also read a newspaper from back to front John. I also absent-mindedly re-arrange things on shop shelves if I think they might look better. When I have a meal, I also feel compelled to eat the things like potatoes and veg. before the meat - saving the meat until last. I also feel the need to have a clean floor - other things maybe messy but I am obsessive about a clean floor.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:12 AM

If I eat a bar of whole nut chocolate, I nibble off all the chocolate first thus saving a pile of scrumptious nuts until last ....... does that make me 'nutty'?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I also read a newspaper from back to front John. I also absent-mindedly re-arrange things on shop shelves if I think they might look better. When I have a meal, I also feel compelled to eat the things like potatoes and veg. before the meat - saving the meat until last. I also feel the need to have a clean floor - other things maybe messy but I am obsessive about a clean floor.
Another one with odd habits here I don't have newspapers or magazines though.
I am obsessed about being clean and tidy. I have been know to get out of bed to check the linen cupboard is tidy and the towels neatly piled in case I die in the night and someone sees my untidy piles
Milk bottles must be clean before being allowed to enter the fridge (I still have a milkman delivery).

I like very hot tea and coffee and warm my cup with hot water before making drinks,I and worry when in other peoples houses that the drinks will be cold because they haven't done this.

One of the joys of living alone is it is possible to have these little obsessions without annoying anyone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top