Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 12:33 PM

September is here!

White rabbits, pinch punch, 1st day of the month to you all!

That's it ...... as far as I'm, concerned summer is over and the cold dark nights are just around the corner....

Our lovely sunny morning has changed to black clouds now......oh well, it was to be expected

Have done a trolley dash at Sainsbury's earlier, washing is out blowing on the line.....what an interesting morning I've had!

I've also ordered some flowers for the funeral of my neighbour's son on Thursday, such a sad occasion when a mother has to bury her son, it's something that most parents never envisage happening...

Hope everyone has a good day!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Re: September is here!

"September is here!"

Yep sure is. Amazing how it always knows it has to follow August. Just like cows going into the milking parlour.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 01:35 PM

For me the only feast at all
Is Autumn's Harvest Festival,
When I can satisfy my want
With ears of corn around the font.
I climb the eagle's brazen head
To burrow through a loaf of bread.
I scramble up the pulpit stair
And gnaw the marrows hanging there.
It is enjoyable to taste
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 01:44 PM

...and xmas just around the corner
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 01:49 PM

SSSSSShhhhh Azz!

Yesterday afternoon which was beautifully warm and cloudless here, we watched hundreds of swallows preparing for the next leg of their amazing journey. Our own swallows had left some days ago, but I presume these had come from further north. I love their chattering, chirruping calls. They have all gone this morning - I know autumn has arrived. My little spindle tree is catching fire ............. I am sure this is an early season change. Extra logs to be ordered for the woodburner I think. Found my hoard of woolly socks this morning too.

Even though summer wasn't great, I am full of sadness thinking about the dark days to come. Wish I was flying south with those swallows.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
...and xmas just around the corner
Stop it Azz! We don't want to think about that for another couple of months!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 04:11 PM

I noticed today the combine harvesters are doing the rounds here, it's a bit early this year isn't it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I noticed today the combine harvesters are doing the rounds here, it's a bit early this year isn't it.

Down softy south in a good dry year starts 3 week July in a bad year starts a couple weeks later finishes 2/3 week August.

Anyway I love the Autumn and the time up to Christmas, lovely warmish weather, calm days, walking the South Downs no crowds, meal at the Beachy Head Taven.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Feels like LATE September here, unseasonably chilly; sunny but not warming up much, average high now is 29 C, it's only 19 as I type: sweater weather. And getting dark so early, all downhill now till the Winter equinox. I'm a Summer person and a heat lover, so hate to see it get dark and cold.

Azz, stop with the Christmas!!!
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Evening all

I've been to town today, it was so busy again......

It's done nothing but rain here all day, feels so cold tonight, but I'm still not putting the heating on for another few months

I do love this time of year though Like Azz says, christmas is just around the corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top