Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 06:54 PM

Flickering eyelid

Does anyone get flickering eyelids - doesn't it drive you mad.
Supposed to be due to tiredness or stress and I am neither but right eye flickering away and if it doesn't stop will possibly resort to sticking it down with cellotape - it has been warned!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 07:14 PM

Re: Flickering eyelid

The last time a young lady flickered at me I was rather interested.

It could and probably is something and nothing but if it continues there is no harm in seeing the doc
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
The last time a young lady flickered at me I was rather interested.

It could and probably is something and nothing but if it continues there is no harm in seeing the doc
If a young man flickered at me I would run a mile
Saw eye Doctor a while ago at Hospital for check up relating to optic nerve stroke 18 months ago and he said it was nothing to worry about - not the stroke, the eye flickering.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 07:52 PM

I used to get that when I ate things I wasn't supposed to! So perhaps you have some food intolerances you don't know about?

Unsurprisingly, when I eat 'clean' (detox foods) it doesn't happen - but I guess that could just mean I am healthier when eating clean anyway :/
buttercup
Wiltshire

17-09-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I used to get that when I ate things I wasn't supposed to! So perhaps you have some food intolerances you don't know about?

Unsurprisingly, when I eat 'clean' (detox foods) it doesn't happen - but I guess that could just mean I am healthier when eating clean anyway :/
Oh - I never thought of that. Probably the Cadbury's flake I ate after evening meal.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Have had it a couple of times...so frustating and there's nothing you can do to stop it..got a mind of its own!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 09:33 PM

I've never had it; sounds quite annoying!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2010, 11:08 PM

I've had that a few times, it can be quite annoying.....
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:21 AM

My left eyelid flickers occasionally, I have no idea why.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:33 AM

My sister used to get this, the doctor said it was caused by a small muscle/nerve going into spasm .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top