Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:50 AM

The car that killed more Nazi officers than the Czech army.

It is said that when the Nazi's invaded Czechoslovakia they commandeered Tatra cars, the T77 to be specific.

Its aerodynamic body and v8 engine made it very fast for the era.
Apparently 7 Nazi officers were killed in the first week of driving it......killing more in a week than the entire Czech army:Lol:

Can you see the strong resemblance to the VW Beetle?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:57 AM

Re: The car that killed more Nazi officers than the Czech army.

Yes Tpin I can see the resemblance

Perhaps the fatalities were more to do with the ability of the drivers rather than the car. I would guess there were very few cars about and choice limited in those days so not much chance to practice driving.
The drivers might also have been scared of the Nazis and not concentrating on their driving.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:02 PM

I can definately see the resemblance Tpin ...just cut out the middle bit and you have a Beetle
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes Tpin I can see the resemblance

Perhaps the fatalities were more to do with the ability of the drivers rather than the car. I would guess there were very few cars about and choice limited in those days so not much chance to practice driving.
The drivers might also have been scared of the Nazis and not concentrating on their driving.
The Nazi officers were driving.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The Nazi officers were driving.
Well there you go then, all driving like raving lunatics no doubt in their haste to conquer.

I thought the officers had chauffeurs , the common soldiers would not usually be in cars would they?.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:10 PM

Probably a silly question but ... did it have an automatic or manual transmission?

Get me! trying to sound all technical!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Well there you go then, all driving like raving lunatics no doubt in their haste to conquer.

I thought the officers had chauffeurs , the common soldiers would not usually be in cars would they?.
Apparently it was so extreme they wanted to drive it themselves.....which helped
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Probably a silly question but ... did it have an automatic or manual transmission?

Get me! trying to sound all technical!!
I don't know Art......I'll Czech......get it?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I can definately see the resemblance Tpin ...just cut out the middle bit and you have a Beetle
Yep, defo.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

16-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Tpin I can tell you a story about when the Nazis invaded Czechoslovakia.
Someone I used to know had been staying there with her husband who had dealings with a factory there when the Nazis invaded .
My friend and husband during their hasty departure were stopped at a check point in their car and all their goods searched.
They had a wind up gramophone the kind with a door that opens to let out the sound. My friend had put some silk knickers in there to lessen the sound and forgotten abut them .
The soldier searching the car was triumphant when he thought he had discovered something hidden and not so pleased with what he found
He did not however discover the rolls of cash neatly hidden in sanitory protection.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2016, 12:29 PM

Tpin I can tell you a story about when the Nazis invaded Czechoslovakia.
Someone I used to know was there with her husband who had dealings with a factory there when the Nazis invaded .
My friend and husband were stopped at a check point in their car and all their goods searched.
They had a wind up gramophone the kind with a door that opens to let out the sound. My friend had put some silk knickers in there to lessen the sound.
The soldier searching the car was triumphant when he thought he had discovered something hidden and not so pleased with what he found
He did not however discover the rolls of cash neatly hidden in sanitory protection.
Hahaha
Brilliant.
I love stories like this.......the ingenuity of the female mind playing on the insecurities of men.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top