Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
sawdust
New Member!
Hampshire, uk.
sawdust is male 

14-10-2016, 04:25 PM

Car Tyres

I needed 2 tyres so looked on internet at Kwick Fit and got a price, then phoned my local depot and he quoted me more than the internet price.
I went on line again just to check and he was wrong.
I found a company that was 50 miles from me but I got a quote for £8 less and they fitted them at home next day for free.
Well pleased.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 06:25 PM

Re: Car Tyres

Tesco's do tyres, it is called Black Circles I think.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 08:27 PM

My son is in the motor trade and he advised us to use Asda. You order the tyres from them at reduced price and your local dealer fits them at no extra cost.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:13 PM

I heard a bit on the news today about the police are going to be checking car tyres this winter.
They said faulty tyres in winter, even if it's the wrong pressure in them, causes too many accidents in bad weather.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
My son is in the motor trade and he advised us to use Asda. You order the tyres from them at reduced price and your local dealer fits them at no extra cost.
I used the Internet to order tyres for my trailer which were fitted by the local dealer. About half the price the dealer wanted for a similar tyre and they arrived in a couple of days from WA 3000km away. I would use them again.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:24 AM

Kwik Fit are the greediest, most rip-off motor firm there is. They never just renew your tyre, they pull something else out of the bag such as "your wheels need balancing" or "your car converter is faulty".
Don't trust 'em. You're much better off at a back street garage.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Kwik Fit are the greediest, most rip-off motor firm there is. They never just renew your tyre, they pull something else out of the bag such as "your wheels need balancing" or "your car converter is faulty".
Don't trust 'em. You're much better off at a back street garage.
+1

I use a guy that has a run down unit on a run down industrial estate.
New tyres for my vans are about £15 cheaper per tyre than most of the big companies.

He tats all my business, apart from the bike
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Kwit Fit is not a firm with which I would do business, their reputation isn't great.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 04:54 PM

Just bought 2 new tyres from Kwik fit, I had cross climate tyres fitted, I have them all round now as I had some fitted in may, we have two Kwik fit centres in York , and I always go to one over the other as I have had bad experience's with that particular branch, strange, ! The prices were on par with other tyre places ( as I wanted a particular tyre) but for mainstream tyres I would probably go elsewhere, incidentally, it has been mooted that the minimum legal tread depth should be raised from 1.6mm to 3 or 4mm, Michelin have said this is nonsense as their tyres still perform well at 1.6mm ?? However, police forces change theirs at 3mm, and tests on tyres at the minimum legal depth perform poorly
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 04:11 AM

I always use an independent tyre place. Better personal service than the chain outlets like Kwik-Fit. Also reassuring to see that the places I use do the final tightening by hand. Using a compressor to tighten wheelnuts can mean they come loose afterwards!

Tyres are one of the most safety critical items on a car. Worth paying a bit more for peace of mind and responsibility as a motorist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top