Join for free
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Safety warning when driving on our roads at night

I think that this warning is genuine. My sister sent it in an e-mail to me this morning and I have copied it here. She wouldn't sent anything like this as a joke. It really made me think, because I am sure I would stop if I came across anything like it.

Subject: FW: FW: Police Awareness message - driving at night

This is not a joke. The originator of this email was at a Crimewatch meeting and the police requested this was sent out:

Worth Passing On!

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in
it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-9-9
AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED
WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

A few years ago in Welwyn Garden City a road was blocked in a way that could only bee seen after a car turned into it. When the car, driven in this case by a lady, was turning round two asian men tried to hyjack the car.

So never stop for strangers or unusual events like a baby on the side of the road. Most people have mobile phones, use them for something useful but leave the immediate area first and lock you car doors.

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3113 - Release Date: 04/09/10 07:34:00
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Re: Safety warning when driving on our roads at night

Hmmm ..... looks like it may be a hoax, Aerolor

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/infant-ca...-warning.shtml
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh dear Mags - I feel such a naive twit. I'm sure my sister will feel the same when I tell her. Thank you Mags and sorry to everyone who wastes their time and reads it.

I didn't even know about a Hoax Slayer website, but I do now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh dear Mags - I feel such a naive twit. I'm sure my sister will feel the same when I tell her. Thank you Mags and sorry to everyone who wastes their time and reads it.

I didn't even know about a Hoax Slayer website, but I do now.
Don't worry, Aerolor, you weren't to know ..... neither was I until I googled it and found that link. I'm very wary of emails which ask you to pass on to friends etc, so I'm on my guard with them now

It did make interesting reading and was unfortunately quite believable too
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Again this is somthing that was started in America, you can tell by the wording( Tourist springs to mind).

If any one ever gets somthing like this best to check on this American site.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Thank you as well Galty - I am fairly new to forums and am very much an innocent. I must admit I found Tourist a bit of a worrying character - it is possible, I suppose, that he is just a big wind up merchant.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 03:50 PM

This may be a hoax but things like this do happen and have been for decades.
One of the latest crazes to hit London has been happeniing up in the North for years and mainly by Mulims.
They drive a car directly in front of you slam on the brake and when you run into the back of them Insurance claims come in from all direction.
Now it has reached London they have decide to do something about it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top