Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 08:15 PM

Weird Accident

Hi

Bet they thought their cars were safe here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37600533
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 08:39 AM

Re: Weird Accident

But the mere fact that this 'accident' has received such wide publicity, should make the insurance claims that much easier to verify and pay.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 11:44 AM

I was involved in a very weird car accident a few years ago curtesy of my late mother who was in her 80sr!

When I was over on holiday in my home island, my mother insisted on driving me to the garden centre/restaurant where we would have our lunch. Against my better judgement I allowed her to do so, I would have preferred to drive her myself in my hire car. My mother's driving in her latter years was dodgy, to say the least, especially as she didn't like wearing her spectacles which she needed in order to see the road. I insisted she put them on, and she drove reasonably well to the garden centre, I didn't have too many nervous breakdowns on the way!

It was when she was parking the fun began. First of all she tossed her specs onto my lap, then backed at speed into a parking space between two cars, she hit the first car, but instead of stopping, she carried on and hit the second. Before I gathered my wits, she carried on and managed to end up with the car against the fence at right angles to the other two cars! I grabbed the steering wheel and removed the car key as it looked as if she still wasn't going to stop. YE GODS! In shock I got out of the car and announced to the gobsmacked spectators, "She is bl**dy well not going to drive again!!!" A little voice from the car said, "R I didn't bring you up to speak like that!" She told people it was all my fault because I had grabbed the steering wheel, I nearly murdered her!

I phoned my sister, who was at work, and asked her to come and help sort it all out as she was in charge of my mother's affairs. She must have phoned her husband because he arrived first, in his pinstriped work suit as befits a senior civil servant. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, nor could my sister when she turned up. "Why did you let mother drive?", was her first enquiry!

I couldn't believe that my mother's insurance company, who had to pay out thousands of pounds in damages actually insured her to drive again, admittedly a huge cost!

I do wish I had had my camera on me to take a photo of the accident it was so remarkable. My grandsons, when young, loved playing car accidents with their toy cars, pretending to be Great Grandma!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Bet they thought their cars were safe here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37600533
Very strange.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top