Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 12:00 PM

Liberal elite left bleeding!!

My goodness,after listening to both Theresa May and Amber Rudd’s excellent speeches on Tuesday. I would love to have heard the cries of anguish coming (deservedly so) from those London liberal elite, the human rights lobby, business leaders and the Labour party.

Amber Rudd actually had the guts to say publicly what millions who don’t happen to live in the la la land of London and Manchester know to be true and say it as it is, “Immigration has spun out of control”
She also earned extra kudos from me by stating “”Only by reducing levels of immigration can the tide of public opinion be turned”. To do this she intends to publicly expose those companies employing too many foreign workers here.

All praise where deserved. After her speech the flak, as expected, came flying at her thick and fast from the EU lovers above, but she’s standing her ground with Theresa’s full backing. The day after her speech an opinion poll was published revealing the public’s view of her proposal. 60% approved, only 25% opposed the plan. That says it all!.

Theresa May is at least telling the people of Britain that she hears us, she agrees with us and she is going to do something about it!.

Can anyone remember the last time any politician did just that? Plotters beware! You have two formidable women who from the look of their aim to gain central ground in the party, won’t take the Liberal crap that has been heaped upon us in the past.

Keep up the good work ladies!.

What do you think?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 12:30 PM

Re: Liberal elite left bleeding!!

Hi

We have some very large companies who advertise abroad.

The Swiss have just done a deal with the EU about only advertising for foreign workers when jobs have been advertised for locals first and there have been no applicants,

That to me seems to be an eminently sensible solution to the issue, particularly if we spent more money training our own.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 02:30 PM

I have yet to see any quantifiable proof that “Immigration has spun out of control”. What does it mean? How could it be measured. I do know it is being used as an excuse for government policies such as year on year real terms cuts in NHS spending that have driven it to the edge of collapse, a state of affairs that is routinely blamed on immigration.
Immigration forces down wages, we are told almost daily it seems. This may be the case with some unscrupulous employers but where do the majority of immigrants work? In public services like health, transport and so on, where wages are set by government and which have flatlined, in real terms, for years. Nothing to do with immigrants but with government indifference to its employees standard of living.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I have yet to see any quantifiable proof that “Immigration has spun out of control”........
Bloody hell Devo, all you have to do is read almost every post remotely connected to immigration on this forum !

Oh, that is not 'quantifiable proof' ?
THIS could prove fascinating.

(Anytime now, Muddy will weigh-in with some irrelevant, ill-informed crap about Australian aborigines, Manus or Nauru )
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 02:46 PM

I have yet to see any quantifiable proof that “Immigration has spun out of control”. What does it mean? How could it be measured. I do know it is being used as an excuse for government policies such as year on year real terms cuts in NHS spending that have driven it to the edge of collapse, a state of affairs that is routinely blamed on immigration.
Immigration forces down wages, we are told almost daily it seems. This may be the case with some unscrupulous employers but where do the majority of immigrants work? In public services like health, transport and so on, where wages are set by government and which have flatlined, in real terms, for years. Nothing to do with immigrants but with government indifference to its employees standard of living.

Hi

How is Immigration measured?

Number of people coming in minus number of people leaving.

Not an exact science as economic migrants are regularly found in trucks once in the UK, but reasonably accurate.

Pressure on the NHS?

Well the NHS does not charge, well only £90 million a year, so losing billions from not charging.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Three million increase in population over the last ten years sounds pretty much out of control to me, there is absolutely no way that our infrastructure can keep pace with such an influx...
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 03:33 PM

3 million is not huge it equates to around 5%.

As to your infrastructure comment it's a matter of priority - who gets what.

A couple of options :-

Go after those that still owe tax either through avoidance of evasion and there might be more money in the pot;

and/or

save £000s paying out "in work"/top up benefits that the state currently pay out to workers existing on an absolute minimum wage on a zero hour contract, simply by insisting that large organisations pay a proper living wage to their workers instead of divvying up the profits to greedy shareholders.

that's just two suggestions neither of which are rocket science, there are 000s of others.

The conservatives, bless 'em, trying to be everything for everybody have never been known to keep to their conference commitments so I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Three million increase in population over the last ten years sounds pretty much out of control to me, there is absolutely no way that our infrastructure can keep pace with such an influx...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-10-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
3 million is not huge it equates to around 5%.

As to your infrastructure comment it's a matter of priority - who gets what.

A couple of options :-

Go after those that still owe tax either through avoidance of evasion and there might be more money in the pot;

and/or

save £000s paying out "in work"/top up benefits that the state currently pay out to workers existing on an absolute minimum wage on a zero hour contract, simply by insisting that large organisations pay a proper living wage to their workers instead of divvying up the profits to greedy shareholders.

that's just two suggestions neither of which are rocket science, there are 000s of others.

The conservatives, bless 'em, trying to be everything for everybody have never been known to keep to their conference commitments so I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.
Hi

Not huge?

Equivalent to building two new Birminghams and one Manchester.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Ever since the Referendum there has been a steady stream of Remoaners trying to get a second referendum, initially as more or less a simple repeat, then as approval for any Brexit terms, though this has reduced lately, apart from Tim Farron, who seems to have appointed himself Whinger - in - Chief

Over the past few days though, the floods seem to have increased somewhat, being joined by most of the Shadow Cabinet, including their Brexit minister, and now Nick Clegg and Ed Milliband have crawled out of the woodwork

They seem to have finally realised that there won't be another referendum, so now they are demanding that there should be a debate and a vote in Parliament to approve Brexit terms

Well, yes, Parliament should discuss important issues that affect the whole nation, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that such demands are less concerned with the rights of Parliament, and more to do with delaying and interfering with Brexit, and hopefully even reversing it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Ever since the Referendum there has been a steady stream of Remoaners trying to get a second referendum, initially as more or less a simple repeat, then as approval for any Brexit terms, though this has reduced lately, apart from Tim Farron, who seems to have appointed himself Whinger - in - Chief

Over the past few days though, the floods seem to have increased somewhat, being joined by most of the Shadow Cabinet, including their Brexit minister, and now Nick Clegg and Ed Milliband have crawled out of the woodwork

They seem to have finally realised that there won't be another referendum, so now they are demanding that there should be a debate and a vote in Parliament to approve Brexit terms

Well, yes, Parliament should discuss important issues that affect the whole nation, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that such demands are less concerned with the rights of Parliament, and more to do with delaying and interfering with Brexit, and hopefully even reversing it
Most of the public are not stupid, they can recognise delaying tactics and sour grapes when they see them

It we spend forever debating in parliment every little detail of our leaving the EU we will never escape.

Thank goodness Mrs May seems to be having none of it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top